• Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 6,309

ajuravi007

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Neo Sports retains its No. 1 sports channel position
Wednesday - Dec 05, 2007
Neo Sports, the cricket centric channel retains its No. 1 :thumbsup:position amongst all sports channels in India and Neo Sports Plus climbs to the No. 3 :thumbsup:spot, according to latest data released by TAM Peoplemeter.

Though Neo Sports ratings continue to trail behind Doordarshan on an all-India cable and satellite homes in SEC ABC 15-years-plus audience by close to 50%, Neo has closed in on DD across the metros:thumbsup:, and in two matches marginally overtaken the state broadcaster.

The gap between ratings of both broadcasters has narrowed down significantly among SEC-A, 15-years plus males across Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata and Bangalore. For the first and fourth ODI's, Neo has posted marginally higher TRP's than DD:thumbsup:.

For the other two matches, it’s DD that’s ahead of Neo but again the difference is marginal. Ratings of the fifth and final ODI are yet to be released by TAM. For the first ODI on DD, on November 5, DD delivered a TVR of 3.45 against Neo’s 3.95. For the match played on the 15th, DD a TVR of 4.68 while Neo was ahead by 5.89.

Neo channels have reached an subscriber level of close to 100% in Rajasthan, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh and Orissa and close to 75% in Mumbai, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab.

Josy Paul, National Creative Director, JWT India has recently ranked Neo's latest commercial amongst his top 10 creative TV commercials. Synovate research ranked another of Neo's TV commercials amongst the top 10 for Mint.

Says Sanjay Bhoer, Vice-president-Marketing and Sales Strategy at Neo "We are excited to see Neo Sports Plus power ahead of many others, a testimony to our regional language strategy and outstanding marketing & distribution efforts, but remain practical enough to remember that the lead in the sports viewing universe will change hands every now and then depending on the events."

Neo Sports is now available in all major territories across Asia, and in particular has met with outstanding success in Middle East (ADD platform), Hong Kong (I Cable) and Singapore (Starhub) with significant surges in subscriber numbers.

Adds Vikram Das, Senior Vice-president- International & Syndication, "Having delivered a world class channel which has quickly gained acceptance with viewers across Asia, we have begun evaluating a European as well as a North American launch in 2008-09."

Neo Sports is also evaluating different partners like Echostar, DirecTV, Comcast and Time Warner in the US for an launch.

Very good. But they should increase their quality.

That they should really do it but they have proved a point that they have better reach now with respect to their competitors

Its because of India - pak series, if you leave this series then see where it stands.......

With ICL what what has zee sports done or during this what did other sports channel do? I dont watch ESS at every time or even star cricket only when there is live cricket i watch those channels

Its because of India - pak series, if you leave this series then see where it stands.......

Absolutely... :thumbsup:

It's a very misleading article. The comparison is done on the basis of cricket only. But it's a surprise to see Neo Plus come in at position 3 although i do admit that Neo Plus has an international sports channel feel to it. Until now my only complaint of Neo sports was their ad oriented telecast of cricket. If they can sort that out and get in some proven quality commentators then it's going to give a good fight to EspnStar.

It's a very misleading article. The comparison is done on the basis of cricket only. But it's a surprise to see Neo Plus come in at position 3 although i do admit that Neo Plus has an international sports channel feel to it. Until now my only complaint of Neo sports was their ad oriented telecast of cricket. If they can sort that out and get in some proven quality commentators then it's going to give a good fight to EspnStar.
I agree with you totally and i think during this test series compare to ODI series they are showing less ads than the ODI series. Yes indeed they need to rope in some good quality commentators:rofl:

This is just for this season only and that too manged to get only after bribing :thumbsup: Just unbelivable as Chennai(only through STB it is available)nor in many parts of TN gets Neo on cable. No one is going to belive this :whistle:The article doesn't mention where ESPN or Starsports or Star cricket or Tensports or DD sports stands. This article is useless as it had completly hidden the facts and figures and gives a tainted picture.@ajuraviIcl is no international. Neo has international rights but their quality is not even upto village level. If you don't watch ESS then don't think others also won't watch. They show live football matches too. People who know football will watch them.WHEN WAS NEO SPORTS NO.1? that now the article says it has retained No.1 position?

Yes.They need good commentators.I am missing these commentators.Navjot Siddhu,Peter Bacela,Dean Jones.:wall:

Back