Tata Sky+ DTH Service: HDMI Output

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 37,175
According to this news... I dont think TS will have HDMi output but DishTV planning to have it in DVR it is planning to bring out..
DTH war to intensify in Diwali - The Financial Express

good news, but what's the use of HDMI for now if the STB is not HD compliant. so could these stb's also be HD complainat ?

It should atleast have component out. otherwise its ALL CLAIMS of DVD qual picture and MPEG tech is USELESS.:whistle:

My Tv set does have option for component and hdmi .. So tht's y I am asking if the option is available in this new STB ...

HDMI primarily is needed for HD content viewing & copy protection, but even SD picture is in great quality if viewed on HDMI, so it would be good if Tata Sky+ provides HDMI on existing STB's. If not yet, then HDMI definately would be available for STB's which would be used for HD reception (for when ever TATASKY starts HD transmission)

Component is overall the cheapest way to implement cause it supports FULL HD(same as HDMI minus audio) and is also included in most low-end 29" TVs for P.scan.

Hi Folks,This is my first message in this forum, even though I have been following this form for some time now!! I had ordered an upgrade for my Tata Sky connection day before yesterday evening, and today after noon, it has been delivered to my home. Called up the Tata sky CC to schedule installation, and it has been scheduled for tomorrrow morning.In the meanwhile, i have un-boxed the tata sky plus, abd found that it has the following provisions in the back:Same as regular tata sky box:Stereo audio outputComposite video outputRF In/OutIn addition to this, Tata Sky plus box has following:Component video outCoaxial outputSPDIF Optical outputS Video outputEthernet slotSlot for modemHope that none of these are disabled or locked by software!!Regards,BK76.

Hi Folks,

This is my first message in this forum, even though I have been following this form for some time now!!

I had ordered an upgrade for my Tata Sky connection day before yesterday evening, and today after noon, it has been delivered to my home. Called up the Tata sky CC to schedule installation, and it has been scheduled for tomorrrow morning.

In the meanwhile, i have un-boxed the tata sky plus, abd found that it has the following provisions in the back:

Same as regular tata sky box:
Stereo audio output
Composite video output
RF In/Out

In addition to this, Tata Sky plus box has following:
Component video out
Coaxial output
SPDIF Optical output
S Video output
Ethernet slot
Slot for modem

Hope that none of these are disabled or locked by software!!

Regards,
BK76.

now that is the most killer news i have ever heard man... component out means the box may still be hd compliant once the hd standard rolls out. who needs hdmi when there is a component out. component out can show 720p data as well as 1080p data without a glitch, the only issue being sound quality suffering. but honestly who cares if the vid qulaity is even close to hd. hope they havent locked the ethernet port too. would be intersting to have an internet connection running to it to stream data. oh lord i asked for too much,].. lol

now that is the most killer news i have ever heard man... component out means the box may still be hd compliant once the hd standard rolls out. who needs hdmi when there is a component out. component out can show 720p data as well as 1080p data without a glitch, the only issue being sound quality suffering. but honestly who cares if the vid qulaity is even close to hd. hope they havent locked the ethernet port too. would be intersting to have an internet connection running to it to stream data. oh lord i asked for too much,].. lol

I hope it all comes true..........SOON :)

Back