Tata Sky+ DTH Service: HDMI Output

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 37,175
Yes all above problems seems to be some kind of software snag and hope soon they will be rectified. As far as re-setting the FAV channels I did that many time even Some Engineer tried the same but no luck. But, as I said TS+ quality is way better then TS so we can compromise such small things.Otherwise, I am wondering if no hardware changes required for HD channels (in future) as there is no HDMI port. But still Component output is great :) .I am also planning to use Optical/Coaxial Audio with 5+1 if anyone tried the same please suggest if there is any big difference then normal sound using L & R cables ?Also please suggest should I use Component out and RGB in (Samsung 37" FullHD) will make any difference in Video Quality? Currently I am using Component to Component only.

I am also planning to use Optical/Coaxial Audio with 5+1 if anyone tried the same please suggest if there is any big difference then normal sound using L & R cables ?
Also please suggest should I use Component out and RGB in (Samsung 37" FullHD) will make any difference in Video Quality? Currently I am using Component to Component only.

Audio is quite good when connected by optical out to AV Receiver, volume levels are extremely high and the bass is much richer (of course also depends on the quality of AV receiver and the speakers and the sub woofer).

You should check out both the options for video and see for yourself which feels better...RGB should be be good....but only u can decide..

Yes actually the component out seems to be the best thing they have done to the STB, it makes the box greatly flexible and scalable, available to different solution that one could imagine to implement to the get the best AV experience, I agree if there's component out, you dont really need the HDMI port...

Check thru the threads on TS+...one was opened and split wide open in the first week of its existence all the detailed pics are posted in this forum.. ....Hard Drive is a 160gig WD 3.0gbps SATA version. you can replace it with a bigger capacity similar speed HDD but will break warranty, or you can wait for TS to upgrade that once HD starts transmission. Also though ppl have tried to break the encryption of the files all over the world but none have succeeded yet, including some in this forum...so no pc viewing....but in Australia, Foxtel(a sister company of Sky) is planning to use the usb port for Extra HDD so you can expect something in the future to plug an extra HDD to copy the files and view thru the STB only but. that to only married to your particular STB and Viewing card...the ncryption is very precise

👍 Thanks a lot kumararvind for directing me to this thread, it was very informative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I purchased Bandridge RCA AV cables from Croma after reading about them from hifivision1. SVL3302 HD Component Video (for Rs 899),2. SAL4202 HD Stereo Audio (for Rs 599)After connecting them to TS+ STB, I found remarkable improvement in both video and audio.

Yesterday I purchased Bandridge RCA AV cables from Croma after reading about them from hifivision
1. SVL3302 HD Component Video (for Rs 899),
2. SAL4202 HD Stereo Audio (for Rs 599)
After connecting them to TS+ STB, I found remarkable improvement in both video and audio.

Instead of buying the stereo audio cables you should have invested in optical digital cable but you will also need an AV receiver to use that.

hi friends ,well its my first post and facing a problem i.e. after reading a lot about component v/s composite i tried it on my Tata Sky + by changing from composite to component cable to connect it to my samsung 50" plasma.but what i found was that there might be a little improvement in sharpness of picture but parts like channel logos and like players with white clothes on a football ground all surrounded by some kind of disturbance or cluster of pixels. so ultimately had to shift back to composite. has anyone had this experience or somebody could comment on it or if i am doing something wrong.thanks.

Back