Why no HDMI output

• Thread starter Thread starter sdh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 7,707
A person who can afford LCD TV should not mind additional 2-3K if it gives better sound and picture I guess. Atleast that choice should be there. To me now the providers are just fooling customers using the word DIGITAL. I think their main target is the cable industry, and they just benchmark against analog cable, which acutally is not right in my opinion.

A person who can afford LCD TV should not mind additional 2-3K if it gives better sound and picture I guess. Atleast that choice should be there.

To me now the providers are just fooling customers using the word DIGITAL. I think their main target is the cable industry, and they just benchmark against analog cable, which acutally is not right in my opinion.
DIGITAL word is used because the channels are encoded, processed digitally and headend & same way processed digitally in STB too. But digital data can only be transmitted on some analog medium. So from satellite this data is transmitted on Analog RF signals. And from STB also the data is transmitted in Analog form as CRT TV's only recognise analog data. With STB+HDMI+LCD/PLASMA combination all data remains complete digital and hence output is better

I feel the HDTV manufacturers will form a powerful lobby for bringing HD content in to Indian market. They will want to backup their sales with some content so that they can make more money. The DTH platform is getting crowded with multiple players. HD broadcast will be an attractive strategy for the early movers to get the market share of premium users who will not hesitate to pay more. DTH is already classified as a premium platform and it may get further classified with more premium offerings such as HD content, DVR, etc. I do not think the DTH players make a lot of money from a single home connection. HD, DVR and other premium services will help DTH players to improve their revenue opportunities. I feel one of the new players will soon start offering HD as their switching costs will be lower. I also feel sports channels will switch to HD quickly.

Back