Tata Sky+ DTH Service: Is there a way of improving pic quality drastically?

skinnylizard

ISP
mtnl
while i love the functionality of TS+ and am happy to convert i was also hoping for an improvement in quality. i was wondering if any newer cables etc would make things better? i am using the connection cables that came with the TS+ box.

while i love the functionality of TS+ and am happy to convert i was also hoping for an improvement in quality.

i was wondering if any newer cables etc would make things better? i am using the connection cables that came with the TS+ box.

Are u using the red/white/yellow (Composite)cable to connect both the audio and video OR u r using red/green/blue for video (component out) for video and red/white for audio ....Component out (Thankfully the cable comes with the Tata Sky+ box) gives a better picture ...but ur tv should have component in jacks for that.

i am using the red, white yellow cable. my tv has an option for the red green blue cable. i stuck them in but when i removed the composite cables i lose the picture. advice please..

i am using the red, white yellow cable. my tv has an option for the red green blue cable.

i stuck them in but when i removed the composite cables i lose the picture.

advice please..
You may need to change AV mode on TV I guess, otherwise there should be no problem in getting Video from 'Component Out' as there are no conflicts between it & 'Composite Out'.

You may need to change AV mode on TV I guess, otherwise there should be no problem in getting Video from 'Component Out' as there are no conflicts between it & 'Composite Out'.
Yes you need to change the input of TV to Video 1/2 or DVD whichever is available and u got to connect the exact green/blue/red out fron stb to green/blue/red in tv. leave the audio/red/white as it is. then see what happens...I wonder why the TS Engineer did not do this for u...they shud have done this in the first place...they did for me at least...anyways let us know what happened

i dunno what you are using but if you watch your Tata Sky in a lcd you will enjoy the pic quality more than your normal tv :)

i dunno what you are using but if you watch your Tata Sky in a lcd you will enjoy the pic quality more than your normal tv :)

actually i am using an LCD and i dont find the TS+ pic any better than the original TS picture. i guess there isnt any change, so i was wondering how to sort of make more with what i have.

got it to work, i kept both the composite and the component attached and kept switching between the two. i didnt feel that the component out was any better than the composite.

perhaps i need to spring for more expensive cables? advice please...

actually i am using an LCD and i dont find the TS+ pic any better than the original TS picture. i guess there isnt any change, so i was wondering how to sort of make more with what i have.

got it to work, i kept both the composite and the component attached and kept switching between the two. i didnt feel that the component out was any better than the composite.

perhaps i need to spring for more expensive cables? advice please...

It again depends on the size of ur tv, also there are functions within the tv called DRC by Siny...short for Digital Realty Creaation...if you put that on progressive and use then picture gets more clear....cables may also make the difference...I am using gold plated connecters from PureAV....it works fine for me.....the component cable makes a difference only for content in progressive format....480p/576p otherwise its not huge differentiator and as TS transmission is in 576i it is not going to change anything....once the HD channels come...TS starts broadcsting.....u don't feel the pinch of xtra packages....then only u can make out any difference from the cables :)

It again depends on the size of ur tv, also there are functions within the tv called DRC by Siny...short for Digital Realty Creaation...if you put that on progressive and use then picture gets more clear....cables may also make the difference...I am using gold plated connecters from PureAV....it works fine for me.....the component cable makes a difference only for content in progressive format....480p/576p otherwise its not huge differentiator and as TS transmission is in 576i it is not going to change anything....once the HD channels come...TS starts broadcsting.....u don't feel the pinch of xtra packages....then only u can make out any difference from the cables :)

aah, in that case no real need. i guess i cant expect a jump like the one i experienced when i went from composite to HDMI for my PS3...

HD... one day i guess !!!

Back