Tata Sky+ DTH Service: We can't transfer our RECORDINGS!!

• Thread starter Thread starter NHS2008
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 19,610

NHS2008

ISP
MTNL Triband 899NU
I just read on TATA)SKY+ website that we cant transfer our recordings to PC or elsewhere! So when we simply run-out of space and want to just keep it, THEN WHAT!! :huh::wall:

Then simple -Remove the hdd from the pvr, connect to pc, copy everything, put it back in pvr, delete and start recording againThe reason they won't let you copy is at it is copyright material which can be redistributed without permission

The idea is that you record a TV program to view it later because you can't view it at its scheduled time, not that you own a copy of it and be free to do what you like with it. So you see it (once, twice, thrice etc.), and then delete it.But as Dushie says, there are ways to get around it should you find the need to do so.

technically it would be illegal if you could move the data to another media. get a media center PC if you want to do that :)

Well I know the reason behind it.And most likely the HDD will be embedded in the STB and wil not be REMOVABLE. :(So you will have likely desolder it and stuff like that....and that will kill your WARRENTY and all that, afterall the stb is STILL NOT OUR PROPERTY!! even though we will pay 10,000 (NON-REFUNDABLE) and 1200+ for installation! :hysterical:

The content may be able to back up on external HDD/DVD, but it would still be playable by STB only as the format in which content is stored is not recognized by PC's media players

For a start, component video or RF output may be routed through a tuner card for recording; not an elegant way and loss of quality is inherent.

hiif that's what is going to happen, (we can't transfer the recordings) then what's the use, in a House with One TV Set it would still be a problem to view the recordings at a later time, & my DVD Recorder records the Show which i can view whenever i want,better would be for me to have another TV + another connection & i can watch the stuff i want & record also if need be, while the family watches what they want.. :thumbsup:i guess the idea of the PVR / DVR is one big flopSabir(Another way is that we have in Europe & USA DVD Recorders with Two TV tuners, which is as good as a DVR / PVR )

For a start, component video or RF output may be routed through a tuner card for recording; not an elegant way and loss of quality is inherent.

an elegant way and loss of quality is inherent

'
what it means that the recording quality will be low

and one thing everyone saying it has mpeg 4 and if programs recoreded in mpeg 4 why cant it be played on computer dont computer plays mpeg 4 movie.

and what is difference between PVR and DVR

I checked the India specific websites of LG, Sony and Phillips. No where could I see DVD Recorder details. Are any of these companies selling DVD Recorders in India? Where can I purchase DVD Recorder with warranty?

Back