Tata Sky Service Campaign - Free Service till 31st August

• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,519
wow that's nice btw will they charge if they change any components which they find are not working in the STB's ?

wow that's nice btw will they charge if they change any components which they find are not working in the STB's ?

@ ^^ y not!

i too sent an NS SMS to Tata Sky.. their engineer visited my home.. and said if there is any hardware problem you will be charged rs 350 /- [ if the equipment is out of warranty ] but thankfully i didn't had any hardware problem the just told me that " THIS NO SIGNAL PROBLEM IS BEING FACED BY ALL DTH AND YOU TO HAVE TO BEAR WITH THAT" on the question of pixelation problem he replied " DUE TO LAUNCH OF HD SERVICE THERE CAN BE PIXELATION PROBLEM WHICH WILL TAKE TIME TO IMPROVE " .

:confuse:

lets see what happens !

Hahaha... people actually fell into Tata Sky's trap? Wow. First thing, they earn a share of the 3 rupees for each SMS sent. Second, they get a chance to upsell a STB stating that it was 'defective'. Worst case, they will say oh you know what - it's raining, can't do much. As if these folks are rain gods to stop the rain. LOL

The free service is a fiasco, my experience with this was pretty bad too. After I sent the SMS no one called me for 2 days, so I called the CC and rechecked if they have the service request, then the engineer called and gave me a time in which he did not turn up. Later today another person called and he asked what is the problem. I told him I've connection issues due to rain & cloud, and he tried his best to convince me that it is a common thing and bound to happen. I confronted him saying why is then Tata Sky advertising free service for this issue, then he said there will be Rs 350/- extra charge for any equipment. I told him how do you know without seeing that a repair is required, asked him to 1st come check and then tell me what is required further to do. So finally he came, he was n such a hurry as if he was late for his own marriage. He checked the dish, unscrewed the cables, hooked his signal detector, and tried minor realignment, then screwed back all the connectors. All of this did not took him more than 5-10 mins max. Then he gave me a blank field repair work order to signed, i asked him to 1st fill it up for me to sign, so he filled it up and then i signed. After all this, my signal strength is still at 50% and signal quality at 100%. When I had first installed tatasky the signal strength was 80%. Dont know how and when it dropped to 50%, but is that a problem ?

Back