Are you happy with the Tata Sky Service

Whether Yes Or No, We Are Wasting 300 Bugs Pm, And They Are Not Taking Any Responsibility For Addingthe New Channels, They Are Adding Only Bullshit Crap Channels Which Is Not Useful For Any Consumers.

Oh, i'm sure it says they can change things without notice anytime, this includes adding channels that you may or may not like.This is the reason i'm still on the fence, watiing for all this shit to clear down. I'll endure my shit cable wallah till then, seems you guys are only faring marginally better.

I totally agree with Ziegfield, having lived the best part my 32 years outside, 'am really pissed off with their service.Being a media stringer for a European / American sports channel & websites I feel cheated, it also effected my work 'cause of their advertising certain channels in their offer and not actully showing the channels, is there a platform or law in this country where I can drag these guys to a court of law. The overall system is so useless, the politicians, the bureaucrats et al.The best part of the joke is some cable operators in some pockets here in Delhi are showing pay channels even without CAS set top boxes being installed now where is TRAI and that Cow Boy Dasmunshi, he must be busy oiling the backsides of the powers to be bending backwards.

No their service sucks!!!! Thankfully their technology is good and not too many subscribers get any serious problems as far as reception quality or account handling is concerned. I installed my Tata Sky in Bangalore recently and there were serious issues. Heres the long story.There is noone home during working hours at my place (9-7). When I bought Tata Sky I specifically asked the sales rep abt this and was assured that installation and service was 9-9. But the installation guy said he doesn't work after 6 as it gets too dark!! (Buy a torch sucker!!) He said service dept had nothing to do with what sales promised as they were independent service providing agency hired by Tata Sky. He seemed to be used to such scenarios too and immediately told me that I should cancel his service call appointment and complain to the shop where I bought it!! I also called a CC for Tata Sky and he said- yes the installation guys dont work after 7 as its too dark. (After charging us 1000 bucks for installation Tata sky cant buy a torch for their installation guys? How much does a bloody torch cost anyway).:wall: Meanwhile the smart alec service guy still refused to come after 6 and not 7 as the call centres told me. He had also cancelled my appointment which takes 96 hours to reactivate. This meant no installation on the weekend either! I had to wait till the next weekend to get installation done- a total of 13 days. That's why I feel pukish when people on this forum praise DTH service standards!!!:confused: Besides my online account is still not active after 2 weeks and I cannot change or add any package inspite of having recharged Rs 2000 and having a 900 positive balance after installation charges. Which meant no Neo Sports at all. Due to installation delays and then inactive status of my account I ended up missing all the matches of the Ind vs SA test series including Sehwag's triple hundred!!!:madness: Thankfully not too many subscribers face problems and most lucky ones sail smoothly through. But if u do encounter a problem- God save u. I have been called by Tata sky finance dept and installation dept and both had no clue which dept's responsibility it is to resolve my " unable to add/ change package due to inactive account" status. Very reminiscent of a 1980's PSU!!!

Disclaimer to my long story: I did discover that Tata Sky Customer Care reacts far quicker to mails than to telephone calls to them.

I logged in to my account and posted queries about all the troubles I had. There were 2-3 goof ups in my account status.

The Tata Sky personnel actually called me themselves within 1 working day and got all matters settled.

And to think I was breaking my head for 2 weeks trying to get through to their call centres and only recieving complaint nos for my troubles.

So if you do want service from these guys, mail them. They've been exceptional in terms of the very little time they took to resolve the issues.
Don't try to get through to their congested call centres- They suck.

Nothing easy in India. Everything can break here. U only to choose the way. It may good or wrong. First time to discrete with my Tata Sky

i voted yes bcoz i have just switched from dish to tata bcoz of prome channels like neo sports, utv, bindas, wm and the best pic quality from dish tv. dish tv really sucks due yo crap channels and overloaded channels.

Tata Sky is like on big elephant. If its going in the right direction u r fine, any problems u have had it..u cant get the elephant to move or turn aroundThe main problems that i find is their delivery network of service is very poor and also when it gets a bit cloudy, u can kiss good bye to all channels.I for one moved back to Bangalore and recharged the account and made a request for relocation to be activated, its over a week now since the request and there is still no sign of them fixing the connection.btw if u have paid them (charged u r account) then their policy is we will not refund you the money, it will stay with us even if you do not wish to use our services.Be careful where u put u r money, i for one sure regret having chosen them.. yeah and one more thing they will never bother to call you back and let u know if they have a problem and once u r flagged with the numbers u call then u can never get through to their agents. They just keep you at arms length distance and i was waiting in queue for over 30 minutes..after they have u r money.. very surprising for a Tata company, but then that's Tata Sky for youAjay

Works perfectly well here. Other than the rare STB remote problems, I dont have anything else to complain. All my calls to their number were attended to properly and all my credit card recharges haave always worked great. TS rocks :grin:

Back