things to check when getting a new jio fiber connection

• Thread starter Thread starter f0r3he4d
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 4,731
Someone has any idea what sort of OLT's jio use for fiber? I mean is jio network GPON? Also what kind of OLT's does it use?

@Chip Yes It worked good in the stock firmware, but had to use a switch as it only accepts input from WAN. I use RailWire For IPv4 and Jio for their IPv6. I flashed OpenWRT and it just had more options and also way more stable, except this IPv6 stuff. Tbh I won't be going back to the stock firmware, just doesn't cut it for me.

@havoc Jio uses GPON, not sure about what kind of OLT they use tbh.

Source

Do you know any specific model or anything? What's the switching and uplink capacity of their OLT's?

No, they denied to tell me that but what I got to know is every area has different olts setup at tower.

Means all Jio OLT's are placed & operated at their towers? If that was the case then why they're so slow in expanding? I mean if they have a tower in a Village then simply pull fiber all around the village and upgrade OLT's that's it. Unlike Airtel LCO system where to set up OLT & partner with LCO's 😂

not all towers have huge amount of bandwidth mainly in villages where the mobile data speed is already so low.

That's the point... That's how 5G will be bottlenecked. I love how many people are expecting multiple times faster speeds than 4G (offcourse those who aren't that techie) but reality is different and sad 🙊🙉🙈

I dont think anyone is expecting 5G to be a grand thing. Everybody knows what Indian 4G is, so expectations are born low.

Back