things to check when getting a new jio fiber connection

• Thread starter Thread starter f0r3he4d
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 4,731
update: installation got delayed by 48 hours because apparently the engineer's grandma passed away. he ended the texts with "sryyyyyyyy". real professionals

BTW I am successful in running my Asus RT-AX88U as router mode with IPv6 passthrough and double port forwards one on Jio gateway and another on my Asus Router to access remote desktop on my LAN devices.

I have 5 ports forwarded from Jio’s side. But even after double NAT on my network, I am able to access CCTV cameras via IPv4 and IPv6 both from outside.

Last edited:
It's really commendable of Jio to do such a thing when in this day and age most ISPs rather don't bother instead just use their automated response ie, 'We have all our ports open, nothing is blocked.'

@f0r3he4d
You can try using your PFsense router in double NAT setup like me. Jio Gateway IP is 192.168.29.1
PFsense router has external IP 192.168.29.2 and internal LAN 192.168.1.1

Set your PFsense to IPv6 passthrough instead of Native DHCP. Forward ports using Jio customer care by telling them you want to view your CCTV camera. No other excuse will work apart from CCTV. They will require make, model, Mac address and ip address of your camera. Make: Hikvision, Model: DS-7716NI-I

After your port is forwarded by Jio, I can help you with double port forward setup on Jio gateway as well as PFsense router.

Last edited:
You have to google whether double NAT will cause any issues in those games. In my double NAT setup on Jio, I still get moderate NAT as per Xbox Companion app's diagnostics. I didn't face any issues in Forza Horizon 4 & 5 either.

Back