Ubuntu help

• Thread starter Thread starter dineshr1988
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 6,898
VLC media player for Ubuntu Linux

A Google search should have helped.

Not sure why you need WinZip for Linux though. There are many options already available.

simply install the package named "vlc" from package manager.for zipping/unzipping search "zip" and install "p7zip" (i think is the name) and you should be able to right-click a zip file and extract.only files which are compressed with winzip proprietary zip format may not unzip...

thanks for your replies ... i want to increase my ubuntu space in my E drive..i installed it for 6 GB. can i be able to increase space. help

thanks for your replies ...
i want to increase my ubuntu space in my E drive..i installed it for 6 GB. can i be able to increase space. help

If it is installed as a windows application (wubi), I don't think there is option to change, my be sombody can help. I have a clean install without windows so i can change my partition size as there is free space avilable on my HDD.

thanks for your replies ...
i want to increase my ubuntu space in my E drive..i installed it for 6 GB. can i be able to increase space. help

Open Synaptic Package Manager and search for 'vlc' and 'file-roller' for your multimedia and compression needs, and install them.

As for your resizing the Ubuntu partition, if you have NOT installed Ubuntu with WUBI, then you can resize the partitions with GParted Live CD. Boot with this live cd and do all your partitioning work.

Damn I have been off this forum for too long. Hope to be active from now on.

i am not sure if any torrent client out there is bad enough not to give you top speeds if it is configured properly. i have used ktorrent extensively and never faced any problems with it. as i said Vuze is a good alternative if you are looking for features and top speeds.

Back