Ubuntu help required

• Thread starter Thread starter manu1991
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 67
  • Views Views 12,927
automatix had few options but it does install opera and write to ntfs permissions for ya... synaptics and adept have a lot more. i have not tried easy ubuntu yet. as for mplayer... it gives problems at my end... maybe i end up installing way too many codecs that they start conflicting.

i think there is an automatix 2... its been a while since i used ubuntu.. so.. i'm a lil out of the loop..

umm ubuntu does not let you login as root by default. so well it would just ask the root password for permission to install...ubuntu kinda looks like how vista with its user permission crap would feel like!

u can be the root by using the sudo command in the terminal.. here is a few things u need to do to first get automatix.. and which will be helpful
go here
Enabling Extra Repositories

there are steps there to help add more Repositories.. kinda like update websites other than that from your normal ubuntu..
after adding them, u can either use the synaptic package manager to install new software or try this command line in the terminal.

sudo aptitude install automatix2

that should do it..

btw.. there are a lot of things in that website thats very helpful.. i suggest a read.. ubuntu will become loads easier then..

but i dont have an internet connection in ubuntu ill thought ill download on xp and run on ubuntu

u dont?.. ah.. crap.. then its gonna be a longer process.. automatic actually requires u to be online.. why dont u get yourself online in ubuntu?.. do u have an ethernet modem?

i can use tata indicom (dialup) to connect internet in ubuntu but the problem is that im unable to configure network connections whenever i click on it it says ur not allowed to change system settings

umm then find a way to use sude to get your network working!what use ubuntu would be for ya if u are not going to get online on it!

Back