Ubuntu help required

• Thread starter Thread starter manu1991
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 67
  • Views Views 12,927
a bit eh looking at it i think ill have to struggle a lotNow i need help on 2 more things i am unable to play audio in ubuntu it says gstream plugins are not found and also i am unable to configure network services because it says i do not have access to it

for network settings you would need the root password. as for getting media codecs... most media players would try to automatically download them.synaptics... open it up and install VLC player.

i dont think there is a codec problem the audio plays but there is no sound ?there is an audio as well as a video player installed damn forgot their namesi know the root password but i cant login via the gui screen so it means that ill have to set it up via the Command Window ?

totem? helix? :PNetworkManager Appletyou dont have this installed?what ubuntu are you using mate :o

i have ubuntu 6.10 there is a rythmbox music player besides some cd burner and cd extractorthe movie player is totem but it did not run because it says Could not open resource for writingas for network there is an option in the system tab on the top but it cant be opened as i do not have root access in the gui

my best suggestion to you for now... upgrade to Ubuntu 7.04 - the Feisty Fawn

i am not going into linux full time its just that i like its interface so i wanted to know these two things for other tasks i have xp installed on that systembut i did request a free cd for fiesty fawn lets see if i get it

For a newbie, it could be a pain configuring any Linux Distro to work exactly the way you want it to work. This magic link is your one stop answer to everything Ubuntu. Anyways for a great media player check out mplayer. It installed smoothly with all codecs even on Redhat Ent Linux. I tried installing vlc but it kept throwing dependency issues. One package was dependent on some other package which in turn was dependent on some other package and so on !!!

did u try automatix or easy ubuntu to sort out the problems?.. they are awesome softwares.. must haves..

Back