• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4,303

genie

woot !
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel
Life would be so much easier if Airtel and other ISPs provide a simple usage history info panel like this

http://img375.imageshack.us/i/revise.png/

When I was browing around some sites, I was redirected to the above message. what does it mean?

When I was browing around some sites, I was redirected to the above message. what does it mean?

It means you have exceed the *Fair Usage Policy limit and the speed will be reduced for the remaining days in the current billing cycle.

*FUP limit restricts how much you can download in a billing cycle (yes this applies even if they call it 'unlimited' )

If you dont know what is your FUP download limit is ask Airtel ... or if your plan was doubled for free check if they sent you a email giving the details.

It means you have exceed the *Fair Usage Policy limit and the speed will be reduced for the remaining days in the current billing cycle.

*FUP limit restricts how much you can download in a billing cycle (yes this applies even if they call it 'unlimited' )

If you dont know what is your FUP download limit is ask Airtel ... or if your plan was doubled for free check if they sent you a email giving the details.

Thank you for the reply, genie. I just checked my email. the only emails I have from airtel are 'free night calling offers', 'loyalty bonus for airtel DTH', Landline bill etc., No email regarding my speed being doubled. But my speeds did get doubled. My last Bill Period 26/07/2010 to 25/08/2010, so I got double speeds from 26/7 to 25/8. I was careful about not downloading large sized files, but even then my free quota is over!! I'm on 1299 turbo plan. I was getting 1 mbps in the day and 2 in the night. so it's 512 in the day and 1 in the night now. when will my speed double again then?

It should on the 26th which is the start of the billing cycle.

I think you must be getting 30GB at double speed. It is just about enough for regular browsing with a few software updates/downloads.

You can keep track of your usage with this:

Codebox Software - BitMeter OS

Demo
BitMeter OS

Wow! Thanks much, Genie! I didn't know such software existed. I installed it and here's a screen cap.

http://img716.imageshack.us/i/bitos.png/

Is my speed around 512 k?

Is my speed around 512 k?

Yes. Current speed multiplied by 8 is your speed in kbps . You can also check the speed here : Airtel

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

* For checking download go to Query tab and select billing cycle From date and To date and hit Go

* Note: It starts from the date you installed BitmeterOS so you cannot get data before that date.

Back