VDSL to Xstream fiber upgrade, need suggestion for optimal installation location.

• Thread starter Thread starter ranjan2001
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 5,078
Just get a USB to Power cable...use this cable from the powerbank to run your router.
Keep the powerbank with charger 24/7....it will act as UPS for the router ...total max 1K
Found this one ready made although its only 2000Mah but should serve the purpose.
Oakter MiniUPS Online Power Backup for WiFi/ADSL Routers Set-top Box

Last edited:
@ranjan2001 Seriously 2000mAh for around 1500....
Why not get Mi Battery bank 10000mAh for 800 and cut a USB cable and power adaptor

(That is if you cant get USB to power, In Nodia things like this should be easy to get cable USB to DC Cable 2.1mm 1m length).
Or something like this Electronicspices Male Plug and Female Socket Panel Mount Jack DC Connector -Pair of 5: Amazon.in: Industrial & Scientific (Just need to use existing USB cable and attach wires to this sockets)....

Last edited:
@Sudarshan61 will the powerbank be able to support 12v,2A ? i would like to use it with Huawei HG8145V5, when i tried to use it , router was not turning on . Another point to note, even though the router has Pass Through , whenever AC main power goes and comes back , power bank output will stop and come back which leaves 1 second gap , which which turn off/on the router which defeats the purpose of UPS. do u have any jugaad for this ?

will the powerbank be able to support 12v,2A ?
Even I thought the same question, as most powerbank are rated 5v 2A

whenever AC main power goes and comes back , power bank output will stop and come back which leaves 1 second gap , which which turn off/on the router which defeats the purpose of UPS. do u have any jugaad for this ?
You are right just tested this & it turns off as seen in this video. So better solution is to buy the MiniUPS from oakter although it cost almost same as bigger 600VA UPS but mini can be mounted on wall no need of battery replacements every few years.

Source

will the powerbank be able to support 12v,2A ? i would like to use it with Huawei HG8145V5, when i tried to use it , router was not turning on . Another point to note, even though the router has Pass
Most battery bank supports 12v1.5A. enough for router to run. Can you check the power adaptor rating supplied with the router ?
Not sure why 1s gap. Should not happen

Powerbank with quickcharge not fastcharge supports higher voltage.

Ya Power Bank can output 12v but only if the device communicates and asks for it through usb data pins.. Else it'll be 5v

Exactly, you can get a cable from AliExpress which has the necessary circuitry to complete the quickcharge handshake and bump the voltage to 12V.

I've that cable, and have tested but with an Mi power bank, the switching time is too much so the device will restart which is kinda irritating. I haven't tested with other power banks.

Good News !!

The installation guys did a good job & installed the router at original location 1 (near the computer) so no problems of buying extra ups etc.
Speeds are awesome as seen below, 5Gz is only slowing down in balcony where we sit in winters but still getting 18-20mbps, plus we can always use data connection in mobile so not much need of repeater as of now.

For future I would like to know the method of using the old airtel VDSL router to extend the range when needed.

Attachments

• 2020-09-21_184535.webp
    2020-09-21_184535.webp
    47.5 KB · Views: 326

Back