Videocon D2h first day experience- Ordered online

• Thread starter Thread starter aashishkul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 332
  • Views Views 52,000
There r a few factors here:Do u have an HDTV? If u have it, its worth going for an HD connection of any DTH. And in DTH, then if u want the maximum HD channels, its D2h which is offering 12 True HD channels - without any faking. And that Platinum pack these people have told u, also has 1 added advantage - any channel that gets added, comes to this pack most of the times. So u dont need to spend extra, if u have this pack.Another factor is - How many TVs u have? If u have more than 1, then still at many places cable is recommended, coz they allow more than 1 connection, without charging extra. Cost can be a factor!Lastly, how good are the engineers of the DTH u opt for, in ur area. Coz u may buy a connection based on the experiences we share, but still if the engineers are goons or something, like pkarthik faced, then u shudnt curse us! :D Not trying to frighten u, but its a reality, u need to be cautious.

May be the cable operator has less connections. My Area operator Gives respect and shows excellent service during starting and now he is showing his back. Goddamn Cable Guys thats is why i dont mind paying a 100 more for service.

Now i dont want to repeat my Ram-kahani all over again, relating to my cablewalla! I switched over to DTH, coz of him! Actually he did turn out to be a blessing in disguise. If it wasnt for him, I wudnt have landed up here in search of good DTH, and even i wudnt have seen HD channels till today.

May be the cable operator has less connections. My Area operator Gives respect and shows excellent service during starting and now he is showing his back. Goddamn Cable Guys thats is why i dont mind paying a 100 more for service.

Speaking from personal experience, I don't see any issues with Tata Sky SD connection that I have been using till date. If you had mentioned that you are fed up with Customer Service of Tata Sky then I wouldn't have suggested you anything since that depends on pure luck as to whom you get connected to on the call. But since your main concern is Tata Sky's picture quality, I suggest you call up an engineer and have your dish alignment checked and follow that up with the Signal Quality and Strength calibration. If these 2 things are taken care of then I see no reason why should you switch DTH operators.

In my case, I changed to D2H from Tata Sky since I wanted to experience Full HD Channels and D2H is the only operator who currently provides the max number of HD channels. Also, I was ready to pay 441/- pm for watching all these channels since I don't believe in maintaining 10 packages for different channels, but that's just me. I didnt see Tata Sky adding new channels in future due to its capacity constraint, otherwise I would have never switched to D2H. If quality is your concern then call the engineers and get it rectified. If you are looking for enhancement in service that is already working normal, then the market is wide open for you to make a choice as per your budget.

Cable wallah is cable wallah and DTH providers are DTH providers...The comparison never ends, and basically boils down to individual's requirement. It's like comparing Apples to Oranges:)

^I never got fed up with Tata Sky service. Picture quality is what annoys me.. no i can tell u normal STB sucks in front of D2h

Speaking from personal experience, I don't see any issues with Tata Sky SD connection that I have been using till date. If you had mentioned that you are fed up with Customer Service of Tata Sky then I wouldn't have suggested you anything since that depends on pure luck as to whom you get connected to on the call. But since your main concern is Tata Sky's picture quality, I suggest you call up an engineer and have your dish alignment checked and follow that up with the Signal Quality and Strength calibration. If these 2 things are taken care of then I see no reason why should you switch DTH operators.

In my case, I changed to D2H from Tata Sky since I wanted to experience Full HD Channels and D2H is the only operator who currently provides the max number of HD channels. Also, I was ready to pay 441/- pm for watching all these channels since I don't believe in maintaining 10 packages for different channels, but that's just me. I didnt see Tata Sky adding new channels in future due to its capacity constraint, otherwise I would have never switched to D2H. If quality is your concern then call the engineers and get it rectified. If you are looking for enhancement in service that is already working normal, then the market is wide open for you to make a choice as per your budget.

Cable wallah is cable wallah and DTH providers are DTH providers...The comparison never ends, and basically boils down to individual's requirement. It's like comparing Apples to Oranges:)

Oh yes, thats most of what i said. I just missed out on advicing about ways to rectify PQ.

@pkarthik
mine download id is also still 8, and it has been 15 days since my stb is on,but still no updates. so as jaymin was telling,it will update automatically from their end.

someone was mentioning movies now channel not having hd logo as it was launched in hd itself. but the same logo is for sd version also,the difference in hd version is the floating logo of movies now which alternates showing "hd" in a orb and reverts back to the normal logo. if you watch it for 15 mins,you will come to know.

----------

i find the platinum hd pack @rs441,the cheapest pack among all dth providers. because when i was using dish tru(fraud) hd royal pack @rs550 p.m. in that you had 7 real hd channels. neo pack costing rs 40 extra. discovery turbo and science costing rs 25 extra and no free mod channel,it also didn't had many channels like headlines today,big cbs pirime etc. whereas d2h has currently 3 free mod and provides neo pack and science turbo free.

so 550 +72(40+25+service tax)=rs 621, that is the highest amount in india. so undoubtedly d2h is the cheapest hd option currently available,and it's sd channel quality is far better than dish tv.

Videocon D2h is the best DTH for now. Previously i was in Tata Sky, there i paid more price for less channels. Now in D2H the cost is reasonable for more channels. Also Picture Quality is not bad in D2h, as per my view both TS and D2H has same picture quality for SD channels.

lol. currently i am so busy,i didn't even watched tv since last 2 days. but d2h is my fav thread. and whenever i get time,i browse through every message in this thread.

Back