Videocon D2h first day experience- Ordered online

• Thread starter Thread starter aashishkul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 332
  • Views Views 52,000
^I never got fed up with Tata Sky service. Picture quality is what annoys me.. no i can tell u normal STB sucks in front of D2h

I didn't say that you are fed up of Tata Sky service. You will realize that if you reread my previous post.

If you are comparing SD Tata Sky and D2H, then I think both are equal. After watching 3 years of Tata Sky SD I can definitely vouch for it's Picture Quality. I didn't find anything extraordinary watching D2H SD channels when compared to Tata Sky SD.

It's highly likely that there is an issue with your STB, Dish Alignment, etc. It doesn't hurt to call the engineer once and get it checked.

Today a team had come from D2h to our society to show DEMO for an apartment wide connection. They had a black color D2h logo on the dish. Have they changed the color or what?

next was a funny thing. I said i already have 1 HD DVR connection, so how will u accomodate it? He said "We will fit a WIDE 90 cm dish, on which all connections will be accomodated."
I said "We already have a 90cm dish!"
He said, "It wud be 60 cm."
I said, "I know its D2h policy to install 90 cm Dish for an HD DVR, which needs 2 LNBs." He didnt utter a word after that! :D This knowledge is acquired from this Forum only!

But that fellow did say that if need be, they can even install a 120cm dish! So i dont remember who said it few days back.......but that was right.

has anyone here in the forum is part of an multi apartment connection?? i doubt,it delivers the same quality as an individual connection.coz when we go to the tv showroom,we see multiple tv's sharing the same feed. and the tv showroom guy always gives this excuse only for not so clear displays on all the tv's "that since it is been part of an multiple connection,the clarity is not good."so anyone who uses any dth for the apartment wide connection,can throw light on this

Now theres a world of difference here. When the TV showroom guy tells u "Its a multiple connection", it mostly wud mean "We have 1 STB & have cheated by sharing its feed on many TVs.". But in society wide connections, u get different set of equipment for every connection - only the Dish is common here.

Today a team had come from D2h to our society to show DEMO for an apartment wide connection. They had a black color D2h logo on the dish. Have they changed the color or what?

next was a funny thing. I said i already have 1 HD DVR connection, so how will u accomodate it? He said "We will fit a WIDE 90 cm dish, on which all connections will be accomodated."
I said, "I know its D2h policy to install 90 cm Dish for an HD DVR, which needs 2 LNBs." He didnt utter a word after that! :D This knowledge is acquired from this Forum only!

But that fellow did say that if need be, they can even install a 120cm dish! So i dont remember who said it few days back.......but that was right.

They wud be from MDU = Multiple Dwelling Unit . I told you abt that na at before I took d2h, society and MDU connection. In MDU, they install one larger Dish of 90 or 120 and do proper wiring and everything for all the flats and then provide them STB at very low cost. Annual recharge offer is also very cheap for these type of connections.

Ok.....and the offer they give here is - Free STB/Installation (And of course the Dish). Packages - ur choice, ur costs.

Yes , if all society agrees for MDU connection, they they provide STB free of cost and Annual package is also low. I guess, its something like corporate connection in telecom.

I have once asked few question abt it bt no one answered, later on i myself gt the answers :)

https://broadband.forum/dth-cable-fm-iptv-cas/70968-dth-mdu-services/

----------

has anyone here in the forum is part of an multi apartment connection?? i doubt,it delivers the same quality as an individual connection.

coz when we go to the tv showroom,we see multiple tv's sharing the same feed. and the tv showroom guy always gives this excuse only for not so clear displays on all the tv's "that since it is been part of an multiple connection,the clarity is not good."

so anyone who uses any dth for the apartment wide connection,can throw light on this

In showroom, they use one STB for multiple TV using splitters. and MDU is something which i explained.

k. then mdu is the way to go. but the only hitch is,it's very tough to convince all the society members to agree on the same dth. the larger the bldg,the more tough it is.but the benefits are quite good,like free stb,low packages.i had one question,say for ex: there are 80 flats in a wing. and they use the same dish for the 80 flats,then they got to use some sort of splitter to sort out 80 different wires coming through the same dish going to 80 different stbs.would that not compromise signal quality??

Yes, the Dish that they installed for me has the logo in Black.

Regarding the size of the dish, I had posted the comments here https://broadband.forum/videocon-d2h-dth/71853-videocon-d2h-dth-clarity-issue/17/

No bcoz they use powerful LNBs, larger dish, all kind of wires, amplifiers etc etc to have better PQ. and I think they wud provide more prompt and better service in MDU, bcoz here its a matter of 40-50 connection in a lot. So any negligence can make gr8 loss to them.Also its upon society to decide for MDU. Its always benefit for people like us, but this Mindless Secretaries never agrees for it easily otherwise we wyd have been enjoying DTH without investing so much :D

Back