Vodafone 3g data plans

• Thread starter Thread starter vibhuvw
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 76,189
What happens to my Vodafone Mobile Connect plan? I was getting 3GB free @ Rs.199.

Now I have activated 3G and able to do voice calls. Whether I need a separate access point to browse at 3G speed and can continue to use VMC access point to browse at 2G speed? Or my VMC access point will give me 3G speed? Its all confusing at this moment.

Right now its the trial period going on ... you can continue to browse at the 3G speed on the current 2G plan. Once the final plans are launched - you will have to choose the 3G plan :)

They have removed Dataplans section from their website!.. Do you think there will be change in plans?

@vodafoneindia thanks, i have already activated the MI375 plan and got a message saying " we will send you a confirmation soon as the request is processed"Just one question though, once it is activated then what happens to my earlier EDGE plan of idata? does it get deactivated and i used the 500mb allocated to 3g even if some places 3g network is not available or i have to pay 357rs for 3G and iDATA money for edge?

Guys any clue with Data Plans for iPhone's, have my 3G activated but not able to browse.Customer Care says you need to subscribe to Edge Plan @ Rs. 200 for 100MB. :madness:

Using iPhone 3GS, have my 3G activated but the Customer Care says to activate Edge Plans first starting at Rs. 200 for 100MB.

Is vodafone 3G a victim of present inflation....650 1GB....6250 5GB

Mehngai dayain khaye jaat hai......

they removed the plans from their site.. "next time jab plan dalega toh soch samaj kar hi dalna vodafone!"

Hello,I was on the Postpaid 2G - 3GB for Rs 198 Data Plan in Delhi.I sent ACT 3G to 1113G was activated in 30 mins. The activation SMS confirmed that you can use 3G with your current 2G Data plan for the trial period till 10th April.I use an iPhone 3GSThe phone connects to 3G with the same settings as for Mobile Connect on 2G (Access Point : www Username and Password Blank)The signals for 3G are not stable though. The phone often goes back on to E from 3G.I am not too impressed with 3G, the signals really fall when the phone logs to the 3G Network.I used to curse my MTNL 3G Card for this, but Vodafone is the same.When 3G works, the download speed is 1MBPS, Upload 10 kbps.Now the big question is that if we do not want to use 3G with the higher 3G plans when the trial period ends, how do we deactivate it.Surely I don't want to pay 850 for 3GB on 3G when I can pay 198 for 3GB on 2G.Does anybody have any idea what is the way to deactivate 3G at the end of the trial period?They might just move people who have activated 3G to the 850 plan without asking when the trial period ends.Styler

Vodaphone 3G trial in chennai rocks.
Using it in a new pre paid sim. 3 G activated with in 1 hour after sending sms but signal in my Nexus-S android changed from E to 3 G only over night.
Speeds averaging 3.5 to 4 Mbps in chennai. Till 3G data plans are announced,GPRS will get 3G. This freebie may last for a few days to 1 week.
First checked 3G with Rs 14/3 days/200 Mb Gprs plan and later charged Rs 98/2 Gb/30 days GPRS plan.
This is a welcome change for me as Iam right now in 1 Mbps capped 6 months BSNL 3G plan.
https://www.speedtest.net/result/1195635016.png

Back