Vodafone 3G USB stick - No 3G

• Thread starter Thread starter viveck
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 20,674

viveck

ISP
Tikona, Airtel & MTNL
I went to vodafone Churgate store (Mumbai) for a 3g Stick, sales guy said, if I buy post paid then 2 months 3g unlimited is free & for prepaid its 1 month free I purchased a 3g Vodafone K3765 USB stick postpaid yesterday & they said that it'll be activated within 2 hours, after being activated I have to make a request to activate 3g on their no. 116. On calling after 2 hours they said, it'll be activated after 24 hours. But later in the evening around 6 PM the stick started working but speed was 5/10 kbps (not exaggerating) & it was connected to Vodafone Edge. When I choose 3g only it refused to connect. Today I called 116, the lady says "sorry sir, 3g services are only for mobile phone, not for USB stick at the moment":@ Abosulutely pathetic, I argued I have a brochure stating free 3g for post/prepaid USB dongle, Even the Invoice says 3g USB..., She said no, you take it up with the person who sold you !!! then she says go to our website, there its only for mobiles...:(

Viveck !
Dont bother too much about getting only "E" in the voda data card . But if the signal is ok you should get 15-25 KBPS ( 120-200 kbps) in the "E" network.
I bought the same card recently and have 2 voda 3 G pre apid sim.
their voda data card 3570 z is capable of 3.2 mbps. Their network gives around 4 to 5 mbps. In my smart phone it gives up to 5000 kbps.https://www.speedtest.net

Buy a 3G phone and check.
Any way free 3G (for data card)in GPrs prices is going to end soon and their real 3G prices (starting not later than April 14) are going to be high ! ( not defenitely Rs 599/899 u/l)

i think 599 will remain now... in delhi it is 500 unlimited on 3G 7.2 mbpsmtnl is also offering unlimited there

in delhi it is 500 unlimited on 3G 7.2 mbps
That plan offered by Vodafone is for postpaid customers and if people are getting 3G speeds on it, it's probably under trial.

they cant launch annual mumbai plans under trial... its very much formally written on website.also if u r buying annual unlimited plan, you get modem free.

If am not mistaken, they have introduced unlimited plan exclusively for USB Modem customers.
What about normal GSM subscribers?

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Vodafone 3G Data Plan Tariff Delhi

[*]Rs 100 – 100 MB
[*]Rs 375 – 500 MB
[*]Rs 850 – 3 GB
[*]Rs 500 – 500 MB + 500 Minutes talk time + 500 SMS
[*]Rs 1,250 – 5 GB
[*]Rs 1,000 – 1000 MB + 1000 Minutes talk time + 1000 SMS
[/list] Vodafone 3G Broadband Data Plan Tariff Delhi

[*]Rs. 650 – 1 GB
[*]Rs 850 – 3 GB
[*]Rs 1,250 – 5 GB
[*]Rs 3,250 – 1 GB/month for six months
[*]Rs 4,250 – 3 GB/month for six months
[*]Rs 6,250 – 5 GB/month for six months
[/list]

Viveck !
Dont bother too much about getting only "E" in the voda data card . But if the signal is ok you should get 15-25 KBPS ( 120-200 kbps) in the "E" network.
I bought the same card recently and have 2 voda 3 G pre apid sim.
their voda data card 3570 z is capable of 3.2 mbps. Their network gives around 4 to 5 mbps. In my smart phone it gives up to 5000 kbps.

Buy a 3G phone and check.
Any way free 3G (for data card)in GPrs prices is going to end soon and their real 3G prices (starting not later than April 14) are going to be high ! ( not defenitely Rs 599/899 u/l)

thanks ulysses, I finally did complain to the 198 no. & they said ofcourse its allowed in USB also, he said it'll be activated within 24 hours & it was I think in 12... now the Vodafone VMB software detects & connects direct to a 3g network (which previously dint):thumbsup:

I told them why is the 3g dept not in the loop & why we have to fry our brains like this...

well now atleast I am getting awesome speeds , lets see how long we can get ? :imwink:

If am not mistaken, they have introduced unlimited plan exclusively for USB Modem customers.
What about normal GSM subscribers?

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Vodafone 3G Broadband Data Plan Tariff Delhi:o

[*]Rs. 650 – 1 GB
[*]Rs 850 – 3 GB
[*]Rs 1,250 – 5 GB
[*]Rs 3,250 – 1 GB/month for six months
[*]Rs 4,250 – 3 GB/month for six months
[*]Rs 6,250 – 5 GB/month for six months
[/list]
From April 10th,This should be the approximate minimum price for data card and phone 3 G users -on par with other bandits !:notallowed:
The bloody no go Docomo increased prices for their 3G data packs few days ago ( rationalisation).
With idea 3G tarif also out, Voda is not going to be a hero by under pricing too much !( For that we have BSNL & MTNL-(becos no cheap -cust say dont want:bowtoyou: except rural guys who have no option other than BSNL)
But you got to admit -Voda did impress every one with their speeds- So I will pay 20% more than BSNL for 10-15 gb/ month any time. :imwink:
So for new guys buying voda usb stick thinking that
you are going to get rs 599/month un limited 3 G-
"I have A bridge to sell connecting direct from Tuticorin to Andaman-Cheap " ( 4 lane Toll free express way included):dance::yahoo::thumbsup:
https://broadband.forum/

Alright, it looks good. The tariff over here is Rs 899 for one month unlimited usage.Could you tell me what's the initial cost in order to get the 7.2 mbps modem and the unlimited tariff, please?

Back