Vodafone Mobile Connect Plan - Rs.149 for 3GB - Serious Clarification Need

• Thread starter Thread starter Baala
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 7,347

Baala

ISP
Airtel Broadband
Hi Folks:I am Baala from Bangalore. I got successfully ported out of the (pathetic networked) Airtel and their false commitments only day before yesterday - to Vodafone. I don't have a office in Bangalore (I work from home), so cannot ideally go for any corporate plan. Coming to the clarification I want.... I wanted to activate VMC with the 149/3GB plan.My purpose is primarily to check my official mail (MS exchange) and Gmail. Once in a while a little bit of mobile browsing.When I spoke to the customer care lady, she told me that, "browsing and uploading is free and downloading is chargeable - the charge is based on the website you download , so vodafone will not be able to tell what the charge would be"I told her that 'I am just going to configure pop3 for my official mail and gmail', & asked her if 'receiving those mails in mobile and sending those mails cost me extra', she told me the same reply as above :(Can any of vodafone subscribers please clarify me? I am yet to activate the same.... shall do it after getting your responses.

3GB will be counted for download and upload.. pop3 etc will work, and the data you transfer will get deducted from your 3GB.. You will not be charged extra for that..

i guess you should tell him the correct settings too for the mobile phone :D what are they called? APN settings?

Thanks Kalpik, operamaniac :) Let me enable it and try it for a month and see.....BTW, I have another query on call conference also...... when I asked her if I can conference two incoming calls, she told me, "yes you can, but both calls will be charged .30/min...... WTF....:iomg: Why should they charge 2 incoming calls and that too on minute basis.....Most of my calls would only be conference..... Does that means I am screwed?? :madness:

vodafone only wants to confuse users by their website , call centers and charge the user a bomb. They will reduce the prepaid balance in negative .... that to in huge amount .... so that you cannot dump them for mnp or cant use the same number till u recharge...mtnl prepaid does not go in negative ... whatever u do.

My vodafone is finally on 3G in Mumbai. Excellent speeds and excellent network. No call drop and no network blanks from Andheri to churchgate in train. Will let you know more !

i am on 3g of vf since last 28 hours and its excellent. no charge on download and downloads yet on my new prepaid card. I just sent ACT 3G to 111 and in an hour i got activation email and all started.

Vodafone is at its best in Mumbai.
Each circle has its own king. Gradually people will settle with the king of their area.

A few posts ago you were praising Vodafone and its 3G services like it was the next best thing since sliced bread. Now this? Why the 180 degree change in your opinion?
:grin:
vodafone only wants to confuse users by their website , call centers and charge the user a bomb. They will reduce the prepaid balance in negative .... that to in huge amount .... so that you cannot dump them for mnp or cant use the same number till u recharge...
mtnl prepaid does not go in negative ... whatever u do.

lolno one's mood is constant... not myeven the network is not stable and nor the call centers..such turns are always needed to go ahead !

>>browsing and uploading is free and downloading is chargeableI think customer care meant, if you download tunes or wallpaper etc from their sites or sites where it is charged, that cost will be extra...

2gb is already given free at around Rs. 100 recharge for 30 daysso whats so great in 149 3gb?

Back