What do you think is the future of Vi India?

China does it well. Every blue collar worker, every self employed little street food vendor has a social welfare number with which he/she is taxed based on declared income. Income tax departments there chase these fellows too just as they do white collar workers and corporates.

Govt assets are like cash cows, built using tax payers money. You sell the asset, you reduce your source of revenue. It may benefit in shot term. Ultimately, the tax payer looses out.
Well most of the govt assets generates more losses than their revenue which leads them to became a liability for the govt, also their operating efficiency is below the sub par level, there are numerous examples out in front of us for it. So either way it's a loss for us from the perspective of tax payer

Then why isn't there a root cause analysis to find out the main reason. It's like saying my car's leaking, so instead of repairing, I will buy a new car.
While I do agree with your point with majority assets being loss-making but not much steps have been taken towards remedy.

Never did any of these companies agree to pay a share of their revenue on non-telecom services' revenues.

If spectrum is being used for telecom services, and the license is to provide telecom services in the country, then why is the government claiming a share in their non-telecom revenues like rent and utilities? Why would the companies ever agree to pay the government for other non-telecom transactions, especially when it is loss-making? This is adjusted gross revenue, not adjusted gross profit, and telecoms balance their balance sheets in different ways to appease shareholders.

This is what people fail to understand.. his highness is trying to make telecom companies pay a share from everything they do.. that is what the companies are fighting about. It is all done for one man to rule the country's telecom scene. It will happen, unless 2024 shines a different ray of light on India than orange.

@Tejas01

I think the root cause is the mentality of the people working in the govt sector, most of them are easy going attitude, beacuse they know that even if they perform badly they will still get the salary. Even the young job aspirants are looking at the govt job as a means of job security, and relaxations, and there are other numerous reasons also.,
So the system is broken where any amount of repair will not fix it,so the govt is choosing the easy but not a perfect way out of the mess, and I agree with you that it is not a fool proof solution.

So, the govt seems to be taking some measures even though the logic, IMO, seems flawed.
However, the telco has only said that investors would be ready to pump in money once the sector became viable, for which immediate sectoral relief was needed.

The government has also been pushing the promoters of Vodafone Idea — UK’s Vodafone Group Plc and Aditya Birla Group (ABG) – to infuse fresh equity into their joint venture. But both have so far maintained that they won’t be investing fresh funds into the carrier.

I get terrible VI Service , I personally want VI to sink .
I mean companies should have thought about it when Jio entered the game .

When Jio came most other companies made fun of their move and were quite confident that their service would be terrible, most telecom also never tried to increase profit from their other subsidiaries nor tried to improve on anything.
If you remember back then, Jio was considered people's second sim.

I personally thought the same . Remember Uninor was a thing where people used to buy multiple SIM Cards of their free plans ? I thought it would be the same thing with the Jio . But seriously it played a major role in wiping the digital divide mostly . And the pandemic played a major role in customers prioritizing their quality of services i think (online classes , work from home )

Back