Which is the best Android Phone- Budget Max 15000/-

• Thread starter Thread starter saurabh_g
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 151
  • Views Views 31,761
Only positive of iPhone CDMA is people will get more iPhones (the AT&T coverage in BAY area is pathetic) and hence more pressure on Android devices.As of now Android has been just copying many things from iOS rather than show more creativity, may be this will trigger that.Good to see competition.ps: It will spell doom for AT&T for sure, cos Verizon rocks

Android copying from iOS? Please explain. :)

Anyways. Tata Indicom, Reliance CDMA and MTS are fully capable of bringing the iPhone CDMA to India. We already have support for 3.1 mbps CDMA based data connections here right?

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

And I should mention it here. Tata Indicom has been THE best mobile service provider I have used. Ever. Better than Airtel, Aircel and Vodafone.

When u take the features, most of them have been taken from iPhone, ending up like clone.iPhone will always be very costly in India and service providers will make it even worse.Regarding Tata Indicom, I dont have much idea about it recently. My aunt's phone always had network issues and prior to this Idea (when Tata was part of it) which was the best provider in AP had network issues again.

you need to be more clear about features. both are touchscreen devices. i do not understand what specific copied features are you talking about. :)from what i see android has a desktop while iPhone does not. there are major differences in how they are designed to work.

I can just tell you one thing.There are so many 'root'ed/modded android devices which are very fast and great looking and gud features.I know that Android is evolving, but it seems to add whatever features iPhone is adding up rather than come up with something new

again. you are giving no examples. google acquired android from another company way before iPhone was launched by Apple. that alone is a good enough proof that android is not based on iphone features/design/concept. android had wallpaper support from day one i believe. iOS 4 added that feature. android had folder support from day one i believe. iOS 4 added that feature. iOS had to add folder support to enable more app installs. android has no limits on app installs. iOS has limited screens so there is a finite number of apps that can be installed. (it's a fact) :) from what i see, iOS is copying features from Android. Android does not require a PoS app like iTunes for desktop syncing. I find that much better than iPhone. Android updates are delivered OTA. I find that much better than iPhone. Android now has NFC support. Android has supported CDMA and GSM for a long time now. Android supports 4G networks in USA. heh. :Dplease tell me some features that android copied from iOS.

Re "android copied from iOS." I guess he meant to say iOS's easy of use and polished interface vs Droid's complex UI/UX and Droid heading towards iOS way...It's well known fact that iPhone was locked to ATT only till 2010. So, droid had that advantage of availability to any carrier. The real game begins now...Android 2.3/3.0 vs iOS 4.x/5.0 ...So far, there is hardly any iPad killer and if Apple keeps 80-90% share in that segment for another year or so...droid will be in deep trouble.

Apple iPhone on Verizon would be a hit no doubt.

But it still remains a highly restricted platform.

I can see that even on Verizon, people would have enough reasons to jailbreak the device just to get features that are available on Android by default.

Anyways...

Google Android 3.0 would be the platform that would be used on Tablets. And again, it is an OS specifically designed for Tablets and is much different from what iOS for iPad has to offer.

- Android 3.0 Preview[/URL]

i am myself waiting for android 3.0 based tablets to arrive in the market. would definitely get one of these. no love for the iOS platform. have massive dislike for iTunes. :)

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

as for android copying the finesse of ios... DUH.

the good news is that google hired a new UI design leader last year ( Matias Duarte - LinkedIn ) who has previously worked on webOS which is still the best looking mobile platform in the market today :D so we are definitely going to see more improvements. but nothing that copies iOS.

Last edited:
Since someone mentioned Videocon. I will also another one in the hat - Spice MI-300 - any clue on that one. Both seem same to me

again. you are giving no examples.

google acquired android from another company way before iPhone was launched by Apple.

that alone is a good enough proof that android is not based on iphone features/design/concept.

android had wallpaper support from day one i believe. iOS 4 added that feature.
android had folder support from day one i believe. iOS 4 added that feature.

iOS had to add folder support to enable more app installs. android has no limits on app installs. iOS has limited screens so there is a finite number of apps that can be installed. (it's a fact) :)

from what i see, iOS is copying features from Android.

Android does not require a PoS app like iTunes for desktop syncing. I find that much better than iPhone.
Android updates are delivered OTA. I find that much better than iPhone.

Android now has NFC support.
Android has supported CDMA and GSM for a long time now.
Android supports 4G networks in USA. heh. :D

please tell me some features that android copied from iOS.

Now no one would say Android features are copied from iOS :urock:

Back