• Thread starter Thread starter ronaldo81
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,078

ronaldo81

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
The Indian law states that all Indian DTH boxes provided to consumers must be inter-operable. As a result, you will observe the provision of a blank card slot, on the DISH TV and Tata Sky boxes.
Unfortunately, neither DishTV nor TataSky offer for sale their respective CAM modules !
As a result, the consumer cannot use a TataSky box for DishTV reception (& visa versa) and the law enforcing inter-operability of consumer's DTH STBs is not being complied with, in spirit and practice.

Somebody needs to complain about this!

u shud be best person. tata LISTENS to you all the time! infact tata listens only to you :p

I have got a query: Currently i am using Tata Sky if or may be in the future if government comes with some rule regarding inter-operable and if the DTH service provider agrees to it. Could plz tell me if i wanted to switch from TataSky to Dish tv or Sun TV.. how that is possible with the existing STB. Is that possible guys

u shud be best person. tata LISTENS to you all the time! infact tata listens only to you :p

You 100% right Amish that TataSky listens only to previliged customer and one among them is Mr. Crazy :hysterical:. TataSky only listens to him and he would be best person to talk to them on behalf of us :P

if interoperability is allowed. it wud be just like mobile SIM card.all u have to do is insert card of DTH operator in ur STB and it shud work. on other note u can have 3 different cards from 3 providers! like take star package from Tata Sky, zee package from dishtv and sun package from sun dth! only thing is u will have to keep adjusting dish and changing cards :p

if interoperability is allowed. it wud be just like mobile SIM card.
all u have to do is insert card of DTH operator in ur STB and it shud work. on other note u can have 3 different cards from 3 providers! like take star package from Tata Sky, zee package from dishtv and sun package from sun dth! only thing is u will have to keep adjusting dish and changing cards :p
Thanks amish for this quick response. Anyway lets see whats going to happen in the future.

Back