Xiaomi MI 3

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,251
  • Views Views 110,459
So XDA will never be supporting Xiaomi on their website :/ - http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2484740

Someone posted this on another forum:

BAD NEWS: flipkart has cancelled my friend's mi3 order with remark as 'unable to deliver shipment' .
Upon escalation the details he got is, so technical problem with flipkart system and lot of orders got automatically cancelled.

Looks like they have cancelled order of lot of people and gave different comments like, there is display problem with one of the lots and they are recalling it.. SIM slot problem , network related issue.. not sure why they are recalling.
anyway the scene looks dark for xiaomi

My order is yet to be cancelled!!
They have extended the timeline of delivery to 1st Aug though!!

Review:

The phones looks beautiful. The display is brilliant and the build quality does not appear plasticky to me at all. Rather, the plastic feels metallic. It feels compact without any loose ends. It came preloaded with a non-India theme and had the flipkart app preinstalled.

Battery life is decent. Phone has not lagged at all till now. Touch responsiveness is really good as well. MIUI interface is really nice. Some of the pre-packaged apps are also good.

As far as the back camera is concerned, I am not someone who is into mobile photography but it did take some really nice photographs. I am sure the average user who just needs to click photographs of his vacations or parties will not be disappointed.

Coming to the heating issue. The phone does heat up a bit when playing games and during charging. But it is by no means very hot. It is mild warm at best - nothing that is going to trouble you to be honest. And I have seen quite a few Android phones heat up. Could be a software issue that might go away with a firmware update (there is one waiting for me already).

The screen is fingerprint friendly. I had purchased a Nillkin tempered glass protector off eBay for 750 bucks. It fits perfectly, does not leave any bubbles whatsoever and attracts way less fingerprints - comparable to a Matte screen protector. You won't even notice that you have a protector on. It feels like glass. Highly recommended.

Another thing. The phone is very slim and although I am someone who likes to keep his phones naked, I suggest a bumper or a back cover to get a better grip of the phone. It might slip out of your hands sooner or later owing to its longish nature - it is longer than most 5 inch phones.

In the last three years I have tried at least 4-5 phones and I must admit that Mi3 is the most value for money phone I have used. 5 stars!

Edit: Thank you Chromy for suggesting the phone.

Double Edit: No call drop or sim tray issue.

LOL! Looks like a lot of people did not peel off the default screen film, had issues with phone going blank during calls (as the proximity sensor malfunctioned due to the film) and started complaining of the screen being defective. Mi India have posted a status update asking people to remove the default film. FFS the film itself reads "Please remove before using the phone".

Flipkart has fu@ked up the deliveries big time. Quite a lot of cancelled orders. I am sensing a classic case of over-booking. Reflects very poorly on them. Even priority customers had their orders cancelled.

10403466_893124724034580_5254510678015722489_n.png

I did dodge a bullet. :D

also 14k credited back to my a/c this morning.

Back