• Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,288
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber
Jio Fiber
Airtel 4G
Jio 4G
BSNL 3G
Hello all, I got my Airtel connection 2 days back and they gave me this ZTE ONT. After scouring over this forum I thought bridge mode wont work but it actually works fine. I emailed [email protected] at 10 am and technician arrived at 1:30pm, He was desperately trying to say that it wont work with dynamic ipv4 and said I need to purchase static IPv4, I didn't want to this as Airtel doesn't support static ipv4+ipv6 yet. He then contacted NOC Engineer(Backend) and let me speak with him. I clearly explained what I wanted and he told Airtel allows bridging up to two LAN ports, I told him to bridge Lan port 1 and 2. Within 15 min the ONT rebooted automatically (Airtel TR-069 protocol) and he called back confirming that he enabled it. I then connected my router(flashed with Openwrt) And logged in with PPPoE and indeed both public dynamic ipv4 +ipv6 are working. My city has Airtel direct operations and not through any LCO.
PPPoE credentials :
Username :[email protected]
Password by default : Account Number.

Every ONT has option of bridge mode which works correctly if configured as required. But for bridge mode basic devices are preferred for both individual (as we are sure ISP will not try any stunt) and ISP(as these are easy to configure compared to router cum ONT in bridge mode)

Not every ISP allows own ONT/ONU, its the case with Airtel as well. Some people who have LCO connection with Airtel were able to use own ONT. Also most ONUs(Dumb ONT) available in India dont have POTS (Landline) connector.

Back