No Bridge Mode in ZTE F670LV9.0

• Thread starter Thread starter barryhues
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 39,409
ISP
Airtel
Hello,
I recently got a new Airtel Xstream Broadband connection and was provided with ZTE F670LV9.0 router. I tried to configure Bridge mode but couldn't find any option for it in WAN profile settings. Previously I had BSNL FTTH and Bridge mode was easily configured without any hassle. Please help me how can I enable bridge mode on my router. I live in UP West

i am not sure since my ont is not updated, but my friend said that recently airtel updated their zte firmware which locked some settings maybe thats what causing the issue (but i am not sure)

@Lolita_Magnum did your ont get updated?

old: V9.0.10P1N12A

new: V9.0.10P1N16A

Upvote 0
No; I am 12A. I have TR069 disabled.
When I first got the router, it was 19A, it got downgraded to 12A by an Airtel Engineer ('citing firmware issues').

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay, so I had emailed [email protected] yesterday and got a positive ish response today. Will have to wait and see if they do enable it from their end, as clearly the inspect element hack method is not working in my case.

As per our telephonic discussion on xxxx with the undersigned dated 30th January 2023, this is to inform you that we have forwarded your concern to the relevant team. So, I request you to provide us some time in order to get back to you shortly with a resolution.

Upvote 0
Got a call from the local Airtel service person just now regarding bridge mode, he said he will enable it from the backend and let me know. 🤞

cc @aryak

Upvote 0
Don't know if this is relevant but when I insisted for Bridge in my ZTE f670l, Airtel NOC downgraded the ZTE firmware to 12A hoping that Bridge option would be there but it was not even in 12A. They enabled bridge from backend on LAN4

Upvote 0
So I got a static IP, and the technician asked if i wanted bridge mode or routing (he recommended routing though). I persisted on bridge mode, and set it up with my OpenWRT archer C6. Speeds were terrible, so i thought it might be due to the use of athk10 community firmware and migrated to the nonfree fw as mentioned in the OpenWRT wiki. That did not help either. So I tried my old Act Fibernet router (Archer C5 v4) and had the same terrible speeds and distance (even the next bedroom got frequent disconnections). So I have no choice but to go back to routing mode :( Have any of you had issues with speed on bridge mode? or is it an issue with the routers I have.

Upvote 0

Back