1Gbps broadband for 1100 a month!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter sean1880
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 8,415
Verizon surely has some tough competition now.

Verizon surely has some tough competition now.
i should say airtel has sum tough competition now!!!:rofl:

We can't compare HK with India because of our very large country compared to HK where almost all population lives in modern high-rise buildings in a relatively small land area.Secondly Hong Kong has a well developed web hosting industry with lots of data centers for that small territory. Local bandwidth within Hong Kong is cheap but connectivity to outside world is not that good. I am willing to bet that people on 1 gbps plan must be getting no more than 20-30 mbps when downloading from a server in Europe or from a server on East coast of the USA (e.g. New York region). Same phenomenon occurs in the South Korea also. They have very good download speeds for anything downloaded from within their country and not so good speed when downloading from outside their country.Real culprit here in India is high cost for crappy infrastructure that NIXI has.

sadly only in hong kong...:tongue:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/06/business/06digi.html?smid=tw-nytimesbusiness&seid=auto

Hong Kong and SK have had 1Gbit/s broadband for ages now. It should also be noted that this speed is available domestically to servers and peers within HK - the speeds are greatly reduced on International traffic. But it looks like a nice product, I look forward to using it next time I visit HK.

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

We can't compare HK with India because of our very large country compared to HK where almost all population lives in modern high-rise buildings in a relatively small land area.

Secondly Hong Kong has a well developed web hosting industry with lots of data centers for that small territory. Local bandwidth within Hong Kong is cheap but connectivity to outside world is not that good. I am willing to bet that people on 1 gbps plan must be getting no more than 20-30 mbps when downloading from a server in Europe or from a server on East coast of the USA (e.g. New York region). Same phenomenon occurs in the South Korea also. They have very good download speeds for anything downloaded from within their country and not so good speed when downloading from outside their country.

Real culprit here in India is high cost for crappy infrastructure that NIXI has.

+1

what the f**k, what wrong we indians have done, we are more intelligent and qualified to build Passive and active infra in our home country. why to buy expensive equipment from these irish or chinese companies. moreover we pay so much tax to freeking govt, can;t they built flawless broadband network all india.:madness:guys this is not done,

what the f**k, what wrong we indians have done, we are more intelligent and qualified to build Passive and active infra in our home country. why to buy expensive equipment from these irish or chinese companies.
moreover we pay so much tax to freeking govt, can;t they built flawless broadband network all india.
:madness:
guys this is not done,

Unfortunately Fiber can't be done "on the cheap" - it's all about precision. Unlike copper, where you can almost literally touch the wires together and have a working connection.

HK has always been about flaunting cash... kind of like Dubai is now and Shanghai is becoming.

1Gbps is nothing more than a farce.....This countries/places like HK,south korea have made it an agenda to come first in BW race.I have heard this 1Gbps quite a long time ago, it is basically 125MB/sec so a 4.7GB movie should download in 40 secs......but one should really ask them are u really able to download in 40 sec......i guess the answer is no.

Back