Bsnl to Offer 1Gbps Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter ShanksZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 6,729
JTO was telling me yesterday about the 1 gbps plan. BSNL is going to announce this plan in december. In most of the locations jio is using bsnl fiber lines.

b
The thing with jio is that they would offer 1gbps everywhere. Not in small pockets.
This time bsnl is planning to launch this on a big scale like jio. And they will get all the funds in December. Current plan will remain the same and they will add more plans similar to jio but little bit cheaper than jio and they are also in the talk to provide dth service like jio.

JTO was telling me yesterday about the 1 gbps plan. BSNL is going to announce this plan in december. In most of the locations jio is using bsnl fiber lines.
I think only the JTO will be eligible for the plan!:D:D I live in a gram panchayat. And BSNL cannot even give me proper 4 Mbps there. BSNL should stop this useless marketing competition with Jio and instead concentrate on creating a solid infrastructure that can support their existing plans. As of now, BSNL couldn't care less about digital India.

assuming they have fiber. i have not read any report that they would use copper or dsl in areas where they might not have fiber yet.

BSNL has large dark fibers which they can utilise or rent it to other providers. But I don't think BSNL can provide last mile connectivity like Jio or other local operators. Even BSNL have less submarine cables when compared to Tata, Airtel, Jio, they need to buy bandwidth from these private operators in many places. BSNL is already working on BharatNet which will connect all villages to high speed network, but last mile connectivity is very hard and expensive for BSNL.

why is everybody focusing on 1Gbps? Its a gimmick imo.
the average joe doesnt even have the hardware to support a gigabit connection.
You need a Gigabit ethernet card, Gigabit router, Ssds.

and 4k tvs , 4k streaming devices , 4k monitors etc . not everybody has these things.

The whole point of a gigabit connection is to enable a user easily get High quality content and to be able to view this high quality content you need devices that actually support it.

moreover its not like they will give you fup less Gbps connection for 1k rs. it will most likely be 5krs + with a fup on it.
and that 1Gbps speed will probably be good for domestic traffic and you're just gonna end up getting pathetic speeds to international servers.

the average joe is just gonna end up complaining as how he is not getting 900+ Mbps on his laptop and how he is not able to download his 5mb mp3 with his ''GIGAbit'' connection.

Gigabit is just for marketing purposes. I guess the normal offering would be something between 50 - 100 Mbps which would be affordable below Rs 1500. Gigabit will be high end offering which will cost upwards of 3000.

Back