1Gbps broadband for 1100 a month!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter sean1880
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 8,415
Reliance has all underground fiber cables which were laid down 10-12 years ago...i have them in my building complex in delhi.

thought so, thats why u get reliance CDMA range most places, I think tata was doing the same some time back. In fact i remember in some parts of Goa where it is actually a jungle I could get TATA indicom range where Idea was having half a bar and no other service provider could stand a chance. However I am not sure, can you provide a cell network with fiber ???

So u mean to say that all ADSL customers of RELIANCE r haing fibers instead of copper???

well i only have information about delhi nd jaipur ...in these areas reliance has only fiber and no adsl....nd the technology they are using is metro ethernet here..

Can anyone help me out:I think Airtel,BSNL,MTNL,Reliance and Tata Provide internet through Underground cable system? am i right or did i miss any company?

So does it cost more for laying down the Fiber in the Ground? I think there will be no Downtime problem if it is done like that!
AFAIK, there is no Private company which has layed the fibre in the Ground to supply the internet Except BSNL !

Almost all of the companies have fiber up to a certain point.

- Underground Fiber Optic Cable Installation[/URL]

Is this the same way how the Fibre optic cables are installed?

That's one way to do it, although in cities we have to be far more efficient.

I doubt RELAINCE has it, remember the days when they were about to launch there CDMA... I think thats when they did it not sure tho... can any one corroborate ?

1 GB is useless unless our hardaware supports it!! So far i have seen fastest download speed at 10 mb/sec i.e 100 mbps.

Look at the hardware requirements: http://www.hkbn.net/2010/eng/doc/1_1_Broadband_User_Instruction_v1_Eng.pdf

Sorry but I want to remind you that this video should go under technological view something like that. This section is about "Broadband in india". I do not think fiber is installed or being installed for residential user in india.

There is far more fiber around than you think. Lakhs and lakhs of it. It's being laid all over the place like crazy.

well BSNL has installed Fiber in a few cities like jaipur,vadodra(i guess) etc.
But the FIBRO plans are anything sort of disatster,way to costly.

Except them no one as of now.

I know someone on BSNL FTTH in Jaipur.

So u mean to say that all ADSL customers of RELIANCE r haing fibers instead of copper???

For ADSL customers, between the DSLAM and the central office will be fiber. From the DSLAM to the customer ("local loop") is copper.

thought so, thats why u get reliance CDMA range most places, I think tata was doing the same some time back. In fact i remember in some parts of Goa where it is actually a jungle I could get TATA indicom range where Idea was having half a bar and no other service provider could stand a chance. However I am not sure, can you provide a cell network with fiber ???

How do you think the cell towers are connected together? There is fiber going right up to the tower, then a small media convertor to change it to ethernet (if required) then the cellular transmitter. It's not all done with magic and voodoo ;)

well i only have information about delhi nd jaipur ...in these areas reliance has only fiber and no adsl....nd the technology they are using is metro ethernet here..

Reliance has Metro Ethernet in Mumbai too, and probably other cities. It varies by area, which is why they have plans for ADSL, plans for MAN, plans for WiMax and so on.

Can anyone help me out:

I think
Airtel,BSNL,MTNL,Reliance and Tata Provide internet through Underground cable system? am i right or did i miss any company?

It very much depends - most fiber is laid underground because it's supposed to be there for decades. Any overhead cables you see (whether fiber or copper) seem usually to be laid by cablewalas - the reason being that it's much cheaper (no civil works required.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still a 1Gbps but 1000 Kbps = 125KBps downloading speed......so 1Gbps=125MBps

Still a 1Gbps but 1000 Kbps = 125KBps downloading speed......so 1Gbps=125MBps

very good for iptv which is a hit in HK..NowTV the best example

very good for iptv which is a hit in HK..NowTV the best example

...is it just me, or is Ultra Fast Broadband just a glorified entertainment medium? IPTV is great and all, but surely there are more imaginitive uses for UFB than watching TV/movies/etc, which is largely a one-way thing.

nasmkar hum nakucha ke pitaji hai, hamne ye inerenet ka dhadha rajiv shrivsatava se liya hai 2006 mein, pahle 30 rupaye lete the, ab 20 lete hai, par phit bhi log bol rahe hai speed kam hai, hame shri harish ne bataya ki aap ke pass zaada wala inernt ha. wo Bata rahe thki aap PM ji ko janate hai. hame zada speed inetenet kitne me denge foram kaha bharna hau / hume type nahi ata kakucha type karega, aap mobile dege to hum aoapki call karrenge aap ka aabhari Mangudi babucha... Manmohan ji ko pranam bol de.

Back