1Gbps broadband for 1100 a month!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter sean1880
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 8,415
Makes me wonder if its the data that costs money then why does hayai not offer 1gbps as their infrastructure can afford it. Not that I am complaining, I would be more than happy with 100 mbps. Just curious.

Well 1gbps in 1100month.
It could be india but tariff will be like as follow.
==
BSNL 1100/= 1GBPS (Employees: Buy our connection if you want. If you do not buy, who care? We will get regular salary.)
1GB free then 100/= per kb
==
Reliance 1100/= 1GBPS. unlimited (Employees:Who cares about customer.)
but no guarantee of uptime/stability/constant speed and service from our side. & most important thing, all money should be paid in advance which will not be refunded in any circumstances.
==
Airtel 1100/= 1GBPS
1mb free then 256kbps unlimited (FUP king)
==
Tata 1100/= 1GBPS...(Over confident of being big company and hiring arrogant professional guys on job always showing of being over smart especially girls)
Sorry, we will not provide any tariff like this now or nearest future. We want to maintain our reputation of being costliest company in india. We can offer but it will cost you 10k(70 GB).
==
In the nearest future, local company will become big but no king like above. The development is going on like fire but it seems that it will become very costly to afford a small mb. At that time, there will no unlimited tariff from any company except FUP from airtel. And second thing, this time small companies will throw unlimited tariff at slower speed than the market with wimax type technology. You may have an example of tikona. Now, it could manage to buy a BWA spectrum.

Also,,smart guy edited this
refer as per this thread started by me

1Gbps is nothing more than a farce.....
This countries/places like HK,south korea have made it an agenda to come first in BW race.

And so should India. It's got a sizeable knowledge economy. There's no reason that select areas of India shouldn't be able to have these speeds.

I have heard this 1Gbps quite a long time ago, it is basically 125MB/sec so a 4.7GB movie should download in 40 secs......but one should really ask them are u really able to download in 40 sec......i guess the answer is no.

1Gbit/s is also available in Finland, Sweden and Portugal. Soon France, Italy and Japan. It's available also in select parts of the USA too (Chatanooga, Tennessee). HKBN.net (the company this article is talking about) specifically says on it's website that it is possible to download a DVD in 38 seconds for it's Fiber1000 product.

Makes me wonder if its the data that costs money then why does hayai not offer 1gbps as their infrastructure can afford it. Not that I am complaining, I would be more than happy with 100 mbps. Just curious.

We're offering 1Gbit/s within the Hayai zone by default.

As far as the actual Internet is concerned, for now we are only making it available to businesses and schools, who can avail connections up to 10Gbit/s. I would probably start a 1Gbit/s Internet service for consumers on our first birthday.

I don't yet know what the price will be... maybe our line of plans will eventually turn out to be like HKBN: Fiber 100mbit/s, 200mbit/s, 1000mbit/s.

IINM , mgcarley said that they would offer 1 gbps wherever possible.

Correct.

^^^ not really sure, i have said this earlier too...... 1 Gbps is to the ISP not to the server. I doubt currently FTP server's can allocate 1Gbps stream to an indivisual customer.And most of all u dont need 1gbps for Youtube(even 1080p video) u don't need for torrents(u will hardly find enough seeders and uploading capacity for such speeds) hence u are left only with HTTP,FTP download whoose use is not that frequent....

Stop Dreaming Kid, Let the Service start first!
1Gbps is Possible in India but it will be a matter of time.. Just 8 or 10 years:hysterical: As Long as old retarded men are the ministers and corruption is Removed this 1Gbps thing is not possible!

^^^ not really sure,
i have said this earlier too......
1 Gbps is to the ISP not to the server.
I doubt currently FTP server's can allocate 1Gbps stream to an indivisual customer.

And most of all
u dont need 1gbps for Youtube(even 1080p video)
u don't need for torrents(u will hardly find enough seeders and uploading capacity for such speeds)
hence u are left only with HTTP,FTP download whoose use is not that frequent....

But it allows you to do many things at once with multiple devices on your network... but most importantly the idea is simply to remove the limitations of bandwidth from the equation and leave it up to the consumer's hardware as to how fast the internet will go. If you look deep enough on HKBN's website, they even have suggested minimum hardware requirements for the service, and they're rather hefty.

Stop Dreaming Kid, Let the Service start first!
1Gbps is Possible in India but it will be a matter of time.. Just 8 or 10 years:hysterical: As Long as old retarded men are the ministers and corruption is Removed this 1Gbps thing is not possible!

Corruption doesn't need to be removed, and even the ministers don't really have much of a say in things, but the product managers of various ISPs need to certainly get their act together. Personally, if I was Sunil Mittal, I'd have fired whoever has come up with the current generation of Airtel plans for pissing off so many customers (though, in actual fact he probably got a huge bonus for saving the company truckloads of money and increasing profit margins).

Personally, if I was Sunil Mittal, I'd have fired whoever has come up with the current generation of Airtel plans for pissing off so many customers (though, in actual fact he probably got a huge bonus for saving the company truckloads of money and increasing profit margins).
You just removed my remaining doubts that Hayai will be immensely popular in the coming future.

If possible, (I know no fixed date yet) launch on 15 August.

You just removed my remaining doubts that Hayai will be immensely popular in the coming future.

If possible, (I know no fixed date yet) launch on 15 August.

Dont mind but bringing in HAYAI in every thread is not apt,It's still on drawing board.

Back