2012 Asia Cup

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 362
  • Views Views 24,893
68 off 8 overs... tough, but possible.. Need to make best use of Cheema's overs , I think

----------

Pak seems to be keeping Ajmal for the death overs..

pak's gonna win :|

Nasir Hosain is an ass. He almost lost them their match the other day, and today he has completely lost it for them.

Well, he is out, So maybe respite for them?

----------

Ajmal's 2 overs should determine the match.

----------

They should target Cheema, otherwise it will be too much to ask for against Gul/Ajmal

^ He has destroyed their chances. Look at how many deliveries he wasted.

----------

And now Shakib is gone. Nasir should be dropped. He is worthless.

Well played Bangladesh and congratulations Pakistan.I was rooting for Bangladesh in this match, sad that they could not win.I guess they batted too slowly. They probably came with a mind-set that this small target will be chased if they just manage to play 50 overs which obviously back-fired.And I guess the paddle sweeps are responsible for the loss to some extent! Shakib played 2 or probably 3 of them successfully, but you cannot expect to connect a shot involving so much of risk each time. Rest of the Bangladeshi players also tried the paddle sweep a lot. Had they tried playing some orthodox shots, the result may have been different.But taking nothing away from Bangladesh. They played brilliantly throughout the tournament. Pakistan won the cup but Bangladesh won hearts.

Congrats to Pakistan for lifting the Asia Cup .. Their bowling is always awesome .. Imagine Vinay Kumar or Munaf Patel bowling the last over 9 runs would be knocked off in 3 -4 deliveries itself ...

So near yet so far for Bangladesh. Kudos to them. Naysayers might rant about them playing in familiar conditions, but this team never gave serious competition to any major team in the recent past, until this series. They defeated both India and Sri Lanka, and had Pakistan in trouble in both the matches. The reactions from the players of both the teams after the last ball was bowled clearly showed how well they had played. Pakistanis were relieved more than overjoyed, and Bangladesh knew they had lost a major opportunity.While this is a major step forward for them, there still is work to be done. Shakib is a star, and Tamim an upcoming one. However, other players need to get their act right. It was shocking to see Nazimuddin and Nasir Hosain bat the way they did.

As i had said - they won the game against India due to the super slow ton, and SL, as always played in a way to help Bangladesh win. How could u expect them to be third time lucky?Even Kenya reached WC semifinals in 2003. But v all know the reasons behind it. Bangladesh is still very inconsistent, and more so - over confident. They always behave as if they r World Beaters. Until they rectify these things, they will not make it into the top league of cricket playing nations.Yes u ppl will compare this with the upswing of SL. But SL first won a major tournament and then did the talking. Bangladesh are focussing on the talking part even before that.

Bangladesh are true minnows .. this tournament was in their country hence they did so well .. if this was held in india or sl bangladesh may have not reached this far .. SL was far more superior in 1996 they had a settled team .. at that time dynamite openers and solid middle order with a decent bowling attack .. bangla have none of this just yet .. they are very dependant on shakib ul hasan and tamim iqbal and that guy who won the game against India whats his name some mushfir something like that ..

Back