8MBPS from MTNL Triband Broadband ?.......

• Thread starter Thread starter Siddhesh222
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 12,297
for mumbai nothing was declared last diwali, last 26 jan, 15 aug and this 26 jan and 15 aug. and i dont think anything will be declared this diwali.

MTNL mumbai thinks Mumbaikar's do not have time to celebrate Diwali/other occasions therefore they don't bother introducing any offers during festive period like they always do in Delhi.............. :(

any Diwali plans out yet frm MTNL ??

they usually launch there plans on the very day...so lets wait till diwali...

any Diwali plans out yet frm MTNL ??

Tu to yaar MTNL ka diwala nikal naa chahata hai... diwali mein.

Lol

@sherYaar MTNL ne humara Diwala nikal diya hai..............even before diwali,with the rates they charge us compared to Delhi

Thats true.

Besides that, I would rather that our ISPs proceed with caution.
Why? Because the UK is in a mess after claims of 24mbps & 8 mbps at minimum.... and then people find that they get disconnected frequently, or hardly hit 50kBytes/sec, or the limit is 40 GB only, and when all else is fine, the price for a truly unlimited 8mbps home connection is beyond 100 Pounds!

UK users & journos are coming to India, and feel like they are in internet heaven! (stable, unlimited, and guaranteed minimum speeds)

:hysterical::hysterical::rofl::rofl:

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thats true.

Besides that, I would rather that our ISPs proceed with caution.
Why? Because the UK is in a mess after claims of 24mbps & 8 mbps at minimum.... and then people find that they get disconnected frequently, or hardly hit 50kBytes/sec, or the limit is 40 GB only, and when all else is fine, the price for a truly unlimited 8mbps home connection is beyond 100 Pounds!

UK users & journos are coming to India, and feel like they are in internet heaven! (stable, unlimited, and guaranteed minimum speeds)

I smell BS in that post. UK has, IMO, one of the best internet facilities available. ISPs there have a minimum of 8mbps plans, though some are still lagging behind at 2mbps. 100pounds for 8mbps? I don't think so, BT (British Telecomm) provides upto 24mbps for around 20pounds with a huge download quota.
So I think you should check your sources before posting....India is definitely not internet heaven....I lol'd at that.

Thanks for your opinion, however you'd do well to read that post again, for you seem to have missed the key words there.
Here in India, we have a tendency to denigrate ourselves....

The US has very huge areas where broadband simply is non-existent.
The UK has a lot of issues with BB as mentioned.
They do have grey areas as does India. We have a silver lining that isn't thinkable for many consumers there. Of course exceptions exist at both extremes. And we have to be careful with the "super-fast" connections, lest we fall in the same rut as them - that was my point.
If you don't want to believe that the west has issues (and colossal ones at that) with broadband, then its a waste of my time to bother to explain why it is credible coming from me. End of story.

That said, europe is generally doing well on this, and the scandinavian countries are simply rocking!

i still dont think that there are reliability problems herenow i am using 4 mbps unlimited from Virgin Media and its running as advertised. in 1 month net was just dissconnected once for 5 minutes.All the time get around 490 kBps of constant download speeds

Back