A bolt from the blue from Tata Sky DTH !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter BomBatt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 12,344
In India good citizen and loyal customer always suffer. This is an example.
u r right, common men shud avoid police, courts but thing is we believe u have golden opportunity to straighten those guys on behalf of every1 who has suffered.

Guys, I am really helpless. Cases in consumer courts and other courts drag on for months if not years. Actually, I consulted one of my uncle who is a CA who knows how these things work. According to him, the real culprit is this TRAI. According to TRAI guidelines, if any DTH service provider suspects any misuse, they can immediately block the signal and conduct investigations. But he told me that I can still go ahead and file a case against them if I have enough time and can run around. But then they can always quote the TRAI guidelines and the agreement they have signed with me.

Also my uncle says that there are lot of cases where ppl are actually misusing the DTH and some of the cases are really serious. Tata Sky people can give example of these cases and convince the courts.

So, all I can do is :wall:

You are right. Wait for another 50 years. Indian laws might improve by then. In the state that the legal system currently is, justice is a pipe dream.

But what can be a justified solution on this for a honest & valid customer who is paying for a service and is not getting it what is his right.Is there no solution???

not in India. i still feel with just initial effort he can def find a lawyer who wud do everything. he wud sponsor time and money.

He can file a PIL. The courts have plenty of time for absurdities like that. If you get caught in a civil case however, there is no end to the trouble. It might take 15 years or so for that to end.

Back