ACT broadband in Chennai

Yes ACT throttle's the usage heavily. When I was with airtel I used 30 GB (4 MBPS)out of my allotted 80 GB in a month. Here my 75 GB is gone within 20 days. CLULESS????

I wish my (old) router had a data counter. I really do :sad: .

kattuviriyan said:
+1 for Arumbakkam . Chennai
Uploading my latest photos from camera. it hogs the upload BW entirely on my Airtel BB. Hope ACT servers this region soon.
Hi,Thanks for showing interest in ACT Broadband. We have already initiated our expansion process and soon we will expand our services to all major areas of Chennai. We will surely inform you once we have feasibility in Arumbakkam.Regards,ACT Broadband

@broadband.act: How would you react to the complaints in this thread about ACT Broadband? From what I understand, it appears there's delay in installations, downtimes, throttling of speeds, recording of false data etc.

Kihtrak said:
Yes ACT throttle's the usage heavily. When I was with airtel I used 30 GB (4 MBPS)out of my allotted 80 GB in a month. Here my 75 GB is gone within 20 days. CLULESS????
Hi,
We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for sharing the issue with us. Kindly share your customer ID or contact number so that our team can help you in resolving the issue ASAP.
Regards,
ACT Broadband
uberjon said:
According to their portal, I'll be hitting 70GB soon. 5GB left. Let's see if they throttle me when their portal says 70GB (like last month).
UPDATE:
And just like last month, their own portal says 70GB (till the 24th), but I've been throttled.
Hi,We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for sharing the issue with us. Kindly share your customer ID or contact number so that our team can help you in resolving the issue ASAP.Regards,ACT Broadband

balajik said:
@broadband.act: How would you react to the complaints in this thread about ACT Broadband? From what I understand, it appears there's delay in installations, downtimes, throttling of speeds, recording of false data etc.
Hello Balaji,
It has been our constant endeavor to provide quality services to our customers and we would do everything possible to live up to our promise. We have a dedicated customer care team to address and resolve grievances. In case you are facing any service related issue, please share your Customer ID or Contact Number with us and we will get in touch with you shortly. Alternatively, you could also write to us on [email protected] or call us on 080 4284 0000.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

I'm not a subscriber and the service is not available in my neighborhood. I'm just wondering about the different complaints so as to make an informed decision if and when the service is offered to me.

3rd day with ATC
24th Monday - i have scheduled a download from one of the file sharing network, the file size was 297.1 mb, i scheduled it around at 11 pm, the next day it was interrupted and didn't complete it fully, when i checked the usage stats, i saw the download billed was [color=#ff0000;]425.16[/color]Mb, this kinds of freaks out, since it failed i did download the same file yesterday and again it failed due to some interuption, i don't know how much has been recorded as usage... will get to know that tomorrow.
it might be me who downloaded (i guess) to be sure, i just now installed a monitor in my system just to check the downloads and uploads...
post that i will compare it with ATC's usage records to see whether they actually throttle or not... without proper facts i do not want to blame ACT.... This forum entry will serve as a bookmark for my tracking....
nandakumark7 said:
3rd day with ATC
24th Monday - i have scheduled a download from one of the file sharing network, the file size was 297.1 mb, i scheduled it around at 11 pm, the next day it was interrupted and didn't complete it fully, when i checked the usage stats, i saw the download billed was [color=#ff0000;]425.16[/color]Mb, this kinds of freaks out, since it failed i did download the same file yesterday and again it failed due to some interuption, i don't know how much has been recorded as usage... will get to know that tomorrow.
it might be me who downloaded (i guess) to be sure, i just now installed a monitor in my system just to check the downloads and uploads...
post that i will compare it with ATC's usage records to see whether they actually throttle or not... without proper facts i do not want to blame ACT.... This forum entry will serve as a bookmark for my tracking....
Installed 2 tools to track my usage....

Back