ACT broadband in Chennai

broadband.act said:
Hi Mukund,
Thanks for showing interest in ACT Broadband. We have already initiated our expansion process and soon we will expand our services to all major areas of Chennai. We assure you that we will inform you once we have feasibility in Arumbakkam.
Regards,
ACT Broadband
Hi Abhishek,
Thanks for sharing the details with us. Our team will revert shortly after checking the feasibility of our services in your area.
Regards,
ACT Broadband
Hello Abhishek,
We are extremely sorry to say this that we don't have feasibility in your area. We will soon extend our services in your area and we will let you know once we will have feasibility in your area. Please feel free to get in touch with us on 080 4284 0000 or write to us at [email protected] if you have any other queries.
Warm Regards,ACT Broadband

Before switching to ACT, think twice.
I am at present using the ACT Exclusive 50 mbps Rs. 3249 plan. I have been one of the first person to sign up in my area. I have been using my connection for the past 2-3 months. The connection has been fine till now (but i have never even reached the promised 50 mbps, i get around 30-35 up and down speeds, I guess their junction box is pretty far away from my house) [And before i get any negative comments i KNOW they only promise upto 50 mbps, but come on, i expect it at least once or twice] . I live in Mylapore, and there have been some festivals going on here recently. 5 days ago, in the morning, my connection stopped working. I had called and complained to them, their exact words were " Sorry for the inconvenience, the problem will be rectified in 2 hrs). I being the practical person waited till the day's end. The next day i tried, it didn't work. The reason i got from the call centre person was "Police permission was not given". Even though i know police permission is not necessary for them to work because they already have permission from the corporation of Chennai for overhead cables and they don't have cables underground to dig roads (Source: My dad is a police officer), I obliged and waited for them to fix it. But till now 5 days have gone, nothing has happened. Every time i call them, they say " your connection will be restored in 2 hrs", etc etc. But nothing has happened. Today when I called them again they said the waiver which i had asked for will be sanctioned (For which i appreciate them), but still i haven't got my connection. I being a person in the IT industry, have to download files as big as 10-20GB regularly, and for the amount of business i have been missing daily, the waiver doesn't even matter to me. Before this i used to have two broadband connections, just for the FUP sake, one from Airtel and the other from BSNL. Even though these connections were slow as snails, I never had any major downtimes with them. And any complaints made to them will be processed within a day. So to get my work done, i have to bunk in my friends house. And this is the same friend who i asked to subscribe to ACT, for the awesome ISP's they are!!! :nono: ( for the last two months, i had been an un hired marketing person for ACT by at least recommending 20-25 friends in Mandaveli and Adyar area). So all I got in the end is being ridiculed by a person who has a 4mbps 'WORKING' connection from Airtel. :(
So as the result, either ACT's technical side is full of newbie's and inexperienced, or they are genuinely slacked off in the side of service and are concentrating only on marketing now. And they need to learn high speeds guaranteed are only useful if the connection works.
P.S. If you people can see how much efforts i have taken to type this, you must imply to how much i must be pissed.

Hi all
It is same like Tataindicom braodband which i was using since 2007 to 2010, in Adyar..
speed is good compared to other providers. connection 20 days 10 days disconnection ( cable theft, etc.. )
same here in vanagaram chennai BSNL most of time cable cut or authentication problem ...
Act will take time to stabilise. so please keep existing connections as a back up
FYI: [color=#0000cd;]Jio 4G[/color] is laying cables across chennai an india, launching any time in July 2014 !
[color=#ff0000;]Airtel[/color] is also obtained 1800 mhz spectrum which can be used for 4G, [color=#ffa500;]Aircel 4G[/color] also deploying it through ZTE any time soon
My self no option other than BSNL! waiting for Jio airtel etc..
regard
ram

Kihtrak said:
I opted for 25 mbps and facing the same problem, the speed is not stable sometimes goes below 10 mbps.
Hi Kihtrak,
We apologize for the inconvenience. Kindly share your customer ID or registered contact number with us so that our team can help you in resolving the issue. We assure you that the issue will get resolved at the earliest.

Regards,
ACT Broadband

Hmm @broadband.act
do you guys throttle torrent downloads?

Thank you "DK0608" . Your review was very helpful and detailed. It gives a clear picture of the services of ACT. I was about to subscribe a broadband service from ACT but now I feel that i should wait till they get a strong service infrastructure.

Back