ACT broadband in Chennai

Guys many thanks for all your reviews!!! I am living in Kottur, kotturpuram and ACT said it was feasible in my area. But the problem is, I use around 125 GB to 150 GB per month and their plan doesn't seem to have one suitable for me. But I'd asked the ACT person to let me know if any new plans are introduced. I got a call recently that a new plan has been introduced in Chennai. It's 125 GB @ 25 Mbps for 2,000 per month. That works out to ~ 2,240 per month. Now I am with Airtel 175 GB @ 8 Mbps. I was about to switch to ACT. But after reading your complaints, I am really worried about the phantom data problem. If they start throttling me before 125 GB is reached, I will be really pissed off. Because I am settling for 125 GB, hoping that upload wouldn't count at all, so I could use around 150 GB of UL+DL. But I am not so sure now.
EDIT: 125 GB @ 25 Mbps for 2,000 per month. Post FUP, 1Mbps

Just moved to ACT. Being the second user in the locality. The process was speedy. Maybe it was because the guy whom I spoke to assured me of speedy TAT. So within 24 hours the presentation as well as installation was done.
The speedtest results show that the download as well as the upload speeds are around 15mbps.
My only issue is torrents not getting connected. This is one of the major reasons for me moving to ACT from Airtel.
Could earlier users please help me in getting the torrent settings correct?

shriganesh said:
Guys many thanks for all your reviews!!! I am living in Kottur, kotturpuram and ACT said it was feasible in my area. But the problem is, I use around 125 GB to 150 GB per month and their plan doesn't seem to have one suitable for me. But I'd asked the ACT person to let me know if any new plans are introduced. I got a call recently that a new plan has been introduced in Chennai. It's 125 GB @ 25 Mbps for 2,000 per month. That works out to ~ 2,240 per month. Now I am with Airtel 175 GB @ 8 Mbps. I was about to switch to ACT. But after reading your complaints, I am really worried about the phantom data problem. If they start throttling me before 125 GB is reached, I will be really pissed off. Because I am settling for 125 GB, hoping that upload wouldn't count at all, so I could use around 150 GB of UL+DL. But I am not so sure now.
EDIT: 125 GB @ 25 Mbps for 2,000 per month. Post FUP, 1Mbps
Hello Shriganesh,
It has been our constant endeavor to provide quality services to our customers and we would do everything possible to live up to our promise. We would be glad to serve you. Please share your contact details so that we can get in touch with you and answer all your queries.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

ACT team can you give any non-generic answer to a timeline when we can expect service in Guindy /St. Thomas Mount?
With Airtel's latest price hike ACT should be rushing to expand, people would ditch their connections ASAP or at least make it a secondary connection

HI guys .I'm from Tondiarpet.I want to know whether ACT covers this area..I'm too tired of Airtel and their crappy plans.Want to move on..

Imran4eva said:
HI guys .I'm from Tondiarpet.I want to know whether ACT covers this area..I'm too tired of Airtel and their crappy plans.Want to move on..
Hi Imran,
Thanks for showing interest in ACT Broadband. Kindly inbox us your complete postal address and contact number so that our team can get in touch with you after checking the feasibility of our services in your area.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

Imran4eva said:
Hello Imran,
Thank you for your interest in ACT Broadband. Currently we are not available in your area. We have already started expanding our network and will inform you once your locality is feasible. Please feel free to get in touch with us on 080 4284 0000 or write to us at [email protected] if you have any other queries.
Warm Regards,
ACT Broadband

ganeshran said:
ACT team can you give any non-generic answer to a timeline when we can expect service in Guindy /St. Thomas Mount?
With Airtel's latest price hike ACT should be rushing to expand, people would ditch their connections ASAP or at least make it a secondary connection
Hello Ganeshran,
Thank you for your interest in ACT Broadband. Currently we are not available in your area. We have already started expanding our network and will inform you once your locality is feasible. Please feel free to get in touch with us on 080 4284 0000 or write to us at [email protected] if you have any other queries.
Warm Regards,
ACT Broadband

I am in Alwarpet / Mylapore area and even after 3-4 months they have not been able to give me a connection. It is probably a blessing in disquise that I did not get a connection. Waiting of Reliance Jio .

Back