ACT broadband in Chennai

It's the beginning of a new cycle. All speeds should be back to normal.

Had your usage of data updated for 30th of June, mine is not updated until now usually it will get updated in the morning.

muthu said:
My router supports dual WAN. I have connected ACT in one WAN port and I would like to connect my airtel line to the second WAN port as a fail over option. since Airtel is ADSL, I tried to use my existing modem in bridge mode to get the WAN via RJ45 but it did not work. anyone knows how to do it?
Suggest you use PPPoe on the router for both ACT and Airtel and also use DHCP in the router.
Setup your load balancing or failover rules and it should work.
In case of issues, post your router details.

Rabhishek Abhishek said:
Does act broadband have coverage in pudupet/egmore?
They have covered till Royapettah and the next should be your area. Call them and tell them you are about to book a connection and they ll try to cover your area asap.

I will be getting my ACT Broadband connection in a few days. Someone please help me with a way of exactly monitoring the Bandwidth usage. I have bought a TP-Link TL-WR740N 150Mbps Wireless N Router.
Please suggest me a way or a tool for monitoring the complete bandwidth usage!

Any bandwidth monitoring software installed on your computer can only monitor data consumed by your computer.

The best option is to use a router that has data monitoring built-in. Many do.
But I think the TL-WR740N does not have that option. Some third party firmware on your router *might* do it for you

Thanks uberjon and maniac123 for the suggestions.

Installed ACT connection today so far the people were very professional, paid the installation charges and the advance on Friday and got the connection the next day itself.

Hope their customer service remains the same way, hearing a lot of negative reviews from Bangalore.

I use my laptop wifi for accessing internet and whenever I check my usage details for the month it shows as no records found, anyone please suggest me a way to check my usage through act portal or should I be connected through LAN to check my usage? Please clarify.

P.S: My connection is not even a day old and I have been using it only for the past 2 hours (does this have anything to do with it??)

Back