ACT broadband in Chennai

:( :( :( ..I am feeling really bad .. I have a back up airtel connection which I am already paying 1800Rs per month. for ACT I am paying 1350 PM. I cannot afford to pay 3100 Per month for my internet connection. I wish their customer service is like Airtel. I thought of ditching Airtel after checking ACT. I am not going to do it.
the customer care executive I talked to was trying to feed me bullshit. I talked to the same guy twice . first he told me there was some power issue with the junction box. the next time when i called, he told me there was a fiber cut and the entire act tech team is there laying new fiber cables and when i pointed him out that he told me an entirely different reason first time, he shut his mouth and did not utter a word again. if they treat techies this way, think of the plight of the common users. I feel really sorry for them.
Now I am convinced that reliable service comes at super cost . lolz...

still no internet and nobody bothered to gave me a proper answer..I called the customer care 6 times and the marketing guy 3 times and my area service engineer 2 times. I am not sure if really act people are attending to the issue or not and hence I have put a request for cancellation of the service .. :peaceful: ..My relationship with ACT was fast.. Booked on saturday, got the connection on monday and terminating the connection on wednesday. :pleasantry: :pleasantry:

balajik said:
There should be a plan in the Rs. 2000-2750 price range offering 175/200GB.
Along with minimum of 2mbps speed post FUP.......that would be cool :pleasantry:

Not sure if they will offer 2 mbps post FUP speed in that price range because even the Rs. 3249 - 250GB - 50mbps plan has a post-FUP speed of only 1 mbps.
My ideal requirement is around 175-200GB for around Rs. 2500-2750. But, I won't even mind taking the above plan if
a. the speeds will be consistently around 50 mbps.
b. the connection will be up for 99-100% of the time because I cannot afford to pay for a backup plan from Airtel, after having to pay Rs. 3249 to ACT.
Question 1: I've read a multitude of complaints in Bangalore. How are the services in Chennai?
Question 2: I received a phone call about a month or two ago and was told that work has started in Anna Nagar. Is the service functional now?

balajik said:
Not sure if they will offer 2 mbps post FUP speed in that price range because even the Rs. 3249 - 250GB - 50mbps plan has a post-FUP speed of only 1 mbps.
My ideal requirement is around 175-200GB for around Rs. 2500-2750. But, I won't even mind taking the above plan if
a. the speeds will be consistently around 50 mbps.
b. the connection will be up for 99-100% of the time because I cannot afford to pay for a backup plan from Airtel, after having to pay Rs. 3249 to ACT.
Question 1: I've read a multitude of complaints in Bangalore. How are the services in Chennai?
Question 2: I received a phone call about a month or two ago and was told that work has started in Anna Nagar. Is the service functional now?
At present they are not offering 2mbps post FUP in domestic line.....however they offer maximum of 8mbps post FUP for 100mbps 750GB for 9999 p/m only for commercial purpose.....but if they offer that would be amazing.
My connection is only a day old.....so i am not going to jump in to any conclusion regarding the speed consistency......so far it is good.....it would take atleast a month to comment on it.
Its absolutely true Act service is deteriorating in Bangalore.
Yes they are expanding their infrastructure throughout the city slowly but steadily.
Luckily server is located just 30 meters away from my premises.......so the speeds are amazing.
If their service is available in your area.....you should give it a try......go for basic plan 999 40GB 15mbps ........use it for a month then you can decide whether to stick with or not.

Think about it. Do you really need a 50mbps plan now? I agree with maniac. Go for a slower plan first & then move your way up from there.
1. Uptime is Chennai is way better than Bangalore. I recommend it. However, at this time, users in Thiruvanmiyur would say..... :nono: .
2. No idea about other areas.

Back