ACT broadband in Chennai

Just felt like sharing this.........I had used almost all the ISP's in Chennai like BSNL, Airtel, Reliance, Tikona, Tata indicom...........but what i observed in Act is the Professionalism which none of other ISP's had.
Their set up of cable lines and everything is neat.
Their engineers are really engineers.

~300km from Chennai? Apparently, I'm in Bangalore.......again. :nonchalance:
Any ACT users in Chennai facing this?

looks like there was a cable cut and the lines were restored on friday. but they took almost three days to fix it which is not acceptable.
maniac123 said:
Just felt like sharing this.........I had used almost all the ISP's in Chennai like BSNL, Airtel, Reliance, Tikona, Tata indicom...........but what i observed in Act is the Professionalism which none of other ISP's had.
Their set up of cable lines and everything is neat.
Their engineers are really engineers.
I felt the same after seeing the speed at which the installation was done. but pls wait ..you will have to contact their customer care some day and you will come to know the reality then. I bet Airtel is the most reliable and offers the best service..but it is pretty expensive...
I believe ACT's staff strength is less.. the speed has always been above 25 mbps mark which is awesome. I hope their service improves in future so that i can recommend it to my friends..

muthu said:
looks like there was a cable cut and the lines were restored on friday. but they took almost three days to fix it which is not acceptable.

I felt the same after seeing the speed at which the installation was done. but pls wait ..you will have to contact their customer care some day and you will come to know the reality then. I bet Airtel is the most reliable and offers the best service..but it is pretty expensive...
I believe ACT's staff strength is less.. the speed has always been above 25 mbps mark which is awesome. I hope their service improves in future so that i can recommend it to my friends..
I have been through hell with reliance for a month without internet, so 3 days is nothing to me.

Right. I have no idea how this works. Do they register an IP in a city & then assign it to any subscriber (from another city)?

On another note, in case people are wondering if the 25mbps speeds are constant & consistent, my answer is 'yes'. Currently maxing out my line.

Don't know whether its just me, from yesterday night my download speed has gone down.... I downloaded 8GB in 1 hour straight and then it went down, I know that I haven't maxed out my limit.

I checked the my usage page today it shows only 32GB download as of yesterday but the internet is crawling, i'm from Alwarpet, anyone near by facing the same issue? below is my usage details and speed test results

maniac123 said:
I have been through hell with reliance for a month without internet, so 3 days is nothing to me
I have been using Airtel and I never experienced any downtime so far. Hope ACT gets there soon.

My router supports dual WAN. I have connected ACT in one WAN port and I would like to connect my airtel line to the second WAN port as a fail over option. since Airtel is ADSL, I tried to use my existing modem in bridge mode to get the WAN via RJ45 but it did not work. anyone knows how to do it?

Back