ACT broadband in Chennai

You have to wait till tomorrow in order to check your usage. Remember to turn off your router or disconnect before midnight. I think that's when they update the portal.

There is NO difference between checking your usage over wifi or LAN.

Hi, I am currently using reliance netconnect @ 999rs plan with 20GB data quota at 3.1Mbps. The network has become very low in the past few months and i coudn't go to even google.com. It's very frustrating. The customer care people are also not responding well. Is ACT good? I have been seeing so many negative reviews but how is it nowadays? Should i buy the 999 plan which offers 15 Mbps? Im living in Adyar, Chennai

Just go for it.......line is stable.....speed is consistent........above all no downtime so far......

Hi All. I stay in Velachery and I've decided to go for ACT broadband. There's just one thing stopping me and that's support for my existing TP-Link TD-W8968 version 2 300Mbps ADSL2+ Modem cum Wireless Router. Please let me know if ACT will work on this modem for WiFi connectivity. Over the phone, the ACT engineer told me it won't work as soon as I mentioned the word 'ADSL'. However, I have insisted to him to come and check it out before coming to a conclusion. I have gone through some forums and sites and everyone says as long as the modem has an RJ45 WAN port, it should work. Please confirm this ASAP. Thanks.
Please have a look at the router website - TD-W8968 - Welcome to TP-LINK
It says clearly that this is an all-in-one router that supports fiber connections as well.

Check TP-LINK TD-W8968 Deals on: Flipkart | Amazon | Snapdeal | Infibeam

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright. Can you explain what AFAIK is?

I would also like the ACT representative on this forum to confirm this.

Ok fine. But did you take a look at the modem website? RJ45 WAN port seems to be the requirement for fiber optic broadband which is what ACT is based on and on the website it says this acts as a fiber modem as well due to the eWAN port

• Ethernet WAN (EWAN) offers another broadband connectivity option for connecting to Cable, VDSL or Fiber modems

Yep, this part does puzzles me. But I do not see a WAN port in it, at least in the image they have given on the site.

Back