ACT broadband in Chennai

Reading the above posts, I wondered whether they really charge for uploads. So I conducted an experiment. I seeded a torrent for about 15 GB at high speeds, all I ever did that day was just seeding/uploading and nothing else. The next day I visited the portal and it didn't even count 0.01GB of my uploads. So as long as your download quota is not over, the uploads are free, unlimited and superfast! Enjoy! So happy to be in the ACT community. :inlove::rofl:

Based on what gets logged in my router, I can say that ACT doesn't include upload traffic in their FUP calculations. My download traffic measured between my router logs and ACT portal are reasonably consistent.

ACT team, eagerly waiting for you to cover Vadapalani/Saligramam/Virugambakkam area, please let me know when you will be able to cover these areas.. I wan't to ditch all the other connections.

@broadband.act
Have registered a call with customer care for new connection. But it has almost been 5 days and the sales guys have not called yet regarding the new connection. Makes me wonder about your post installation service, as you people don't even respond to my new connection request !!

LOL! I needed a fast upload for Skype HD calls.
Torrent speeds are all over the place, but never more than 8mbps. I wonder if they throttle torrents?
Changed some settings in utorrent. Downloading at 25mbps. Uploading seems to be around 1.2 mbps.

Can you tell me the same settings? I have the 20 mbps plan.

Thanks in advance

Update:
Yesterday morning ( Sat, 6th Sep), all ACT users in my area found out that their routers could not logon.
When I called ACT to make a complaint, they said that there was something wrong with my router. I had to connect the LAN cable directly to the computer & then authenticate through a browser. I thought my router died & was prepared to buy a new router.
Luckily, I got a ticket number & in the evening, an engineer called me to check if things were alright. He said that problem was on ACT's end & that many users in my area made the same complaint that I did.

Time to ditch Airtel again! :D This time hopefully, forever.
Dont count your eggs before they hatch.... Im using Airtel Broadband too and i thought the same thing that u quoted.... but ACT fibernet has worst issue of connectivity , billing and Customer Care..... Wait , be patient before u jump in into act and who knows u may be back to Airtel in a Months time as well.....

Im definetly staying put with Airtel Broadband for now.... I may not get ultra fast 16 mbps or high download data of 40-60 gb but theres one thing i dont have.... Worst Connectivity/High Latency Issues , Customer care that just works 5 days a week , Airtel is available 24/7 , issue resolved in under 24 hours.... they act on Complaints registered in 3-5 hours max provided the Complaint is registered in Normal Working Hours.... they call up multiple times even if u fail to pick their call..... they call back and confirm if ur satisfied with the resolution provided and they are courteous all the time..... u dont simply create a brand like Airtel with just imagination and dreams..... it takes more than a lot of effort to create a brand called Airtel.... Can ACT or any other ISP give what Airtel can do..... Im highly satisfied with Airtel Broadband....

I don't have bad connectivity or high latency. Issues crop up once in a while though & Customer care is really bad. But I still recommend ACT, at least in Chennai. If one can afford it, keep Airtel as a backup. The cheapest (retention) plan is Rs. 550.

Back