ACT broadband in Chennai

My Act Fibernet 20 Mbps down/20 Mbps up service went down on Saturday, 6th Sep 2014. Received two SMSes the same day saying "your request # .... is registered and will be attended shortly". Called up their customer service in Chennai this (Monday, 8th Sep 2014) morning. Same promises. Thank god I have retained my Airtel BB. Have not had any problems with Airtel BB in a year and half.

This is in the Mandaveli/Mylapore area of Chennai.

Most atrocious customer service / follow up I have seen in Chennai in the last few years.

My Act Fibernet 20 Mbps down/20 Mbps up service went down on Saturday, 6th Sep 2014. Received two SMSes the same day saying "your request # .... is registered and will be attended shortly". Called up their customer service in Chennai this (Monday, 8th Sep 2014) morning. Same promises. Thank god I have retained my Airtel BB. Have not had any problems with Airtel BB in a year and half.

This is in the Mandaveli/Mylapore area of Chennai.

Most atrocious customer service / follow up I have seen in Chennai in the last few years.

Thanks for the Kind information.... Im using Airtel Broadband and am planning to continue using it.....

Hello
Here's my review of first week with ACT Broadband - Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai
The good news: When it works, it works well! Excellent speeds!
The bad news: But the big question is 'when' - in fact, it's been less than 1 week since I got this connection and the line has been down for > 48 hours cumulatively. Very poor after-sales service!
  1. Went down Sat evening. Called customer care, they tried to do a remote troubleshoot - didn't work. Looks like the switch had to be replaced. Engineer said it'd be done on Sunday (I even asked him if he was sure about Sun being a working day which he said it was) but when I spoke to him Sun evening, he said that the company announced the day off just that morning apparently - so it got done Mon AM. No official update on ticket status all this while; I had to call around. No call center on Sunday (really!)
  2. Went down Tue night just a little after 9PM. Contact center works only till 9 pm (in this day and age!) so I couldn't raise a ticket. I texted the engineer who then called to tell me that the server is down and all of Chennai (incl their office) is without internet. Am not sure but it sounds like a serious issue! He also said that the line would be up in 30 min. This was 4 hours ago and it's still down
    1. I called the sales guy as well as he was asking me for referrals. He said he needed a ticket ID to follow-up so am stuck till tomorrow AM
Am so glad I still have BSNL as a backup.
My suggestion, if you really need the speed, please do take a connection but expect little or no after sales support. And definitely keep a backup!

Once bitten, twice shy.

After three days of NO SERVICE and very POOR/NON-EXISTENT CUSTOMER SERVICE, have sent them an e-mail to CANCEL my SERVICE and REFUND my payment for 12 months.

Lessons learnt,

1. NEVER fall for promises of "FLY-BY-NIGHT" operators,
2. Do not switch from your existing ISP if they have not had any downtime,
3. ALWAYS ask for SERVICE LEVEL GUARANTEES,
4. NEVER PAY anything other than MONTH-TO-MONTH.

In the Mandaveli/Mylapore area of Chennai, this ISP (ACT Fibernet) is UNRELIABLE.

BUYER BEWARE!

So the line has been up since this morning. Just to add to Mandaveli's point, there are SLAs that broadband providers need to adhere to. Most home connections are provided on a 'best-effort basis' (ACT calls 'As is and Available' in the Terms and Conditions) - sounds funny but it is true :-)
TRAI / DoT provide guidelines on various Quality of Service parameters (like 512kbps and above can be called broadband / 90% of issues must be fixed within 1 day and so on)
Business connections have SLA - so if that's important, it's better to go with those lines. (Although I've had service providers give discounts but line being down for 2 days has affected work!)
It does seem like ACT needs to get their act together to provide uptime like the broadband-over-PoTS providers

So my recently unlimited airtel broad band got fuped this mont :(.
Thinking about switching to act, can some one please comment on Qaultiy of after sales service and down time near Radhakrishnan salai area
?

It should be the same all over Chennai. Customer service is horrible but as long as you don't have a problem, ACT is amazing. Go for it. Keep a backup line just in case.

It should be the same all over Chennai. Customer service is horrible but as long as you don't have a problem, ACT is amazing. Go for it. Keep a backup line just in case.
Yeah :( , well i have asked to speak with the retention department, the cc scheduled a call back lets see how it goes.. three to four months back, i was switched from a truly unlimited 1mbos in the day 2mbps in the night plan to a 2mbps with 50gb fup plan. after the plan change the fup was never enforced for 2 to 4 months and suddlenly they are fupping my connection.

So my recently unlimited airtel broad band got fuped this mont :(.
Thinking about switching to act, can some one please comment on Qaultiy of after sales service and down time near Radhakrishnan salai area
?
What do u mean by saying that ur Airtel Broadband got fuped and dont think of moving to ACT Broadband!!!! U will have the Worst Customer Experience !!!!!

Back