Airtel 5G Plus

@Kauban Today I tried to access Airtel 5G on my CPE (MC7010) and it's not even connecting to 5G even after forcing 5G NSA mode in CPE. I have no idea how to access Airtel 5G on CPE

someone posted that they are blocking it now. probably coz of unlimited data transfer offer going on.

@_Dexter - yes, one of 5G devices is blocked from registering to 5G (even forcing to NSA!), all I do now is access 4G or try Jio 5G don’t know they may follow AirTel as personal hotspots will hit their FWA revenues.

This has nothing to do with your usage, I’m in their Family Plan with 490 gb monthly data cap and all that is hardly used is 20-30 GB maximum.

Now I’m skeptical using AirTel SIM in my other 5G hotspot as if they block it this will be a lot of efforts getting this unblocked post commercial launch especially when customer care will not understand this.

Jio 5G is pretty much shit in our area. Can't use 365 machine (or any other Microsoft product for that matter) properly. Most of the sites don't work (keeps loading forever). I think their routing is just shit. Now I am thinking of using my old mr6400 router with Airtel 4G sim as backup internet connection. But don't know how to combine ax5400 router and mr6400 router connections. So that I can use ax5400 as main connection and mr6400 as backup connection

Last edited by a moderator:
Unlimited internet was working for me till few days back and now suddenly out of the blue data getting exhausted even tho I am on 5G (near tower).

Was in call with Airtel right now, they told me (standard bullshit) "apake area abhi kam chalu hai, apaka phone 4g pe latch ho raha hai". Why are they so ignorant idk. I am using 5G CPE and locked to B5+N78 band so I don't loose 5G connectivity. Everything was working fine and suddenly they decided to exhaust my data on 5G

Back