Airtel back-end operations are down till July 22

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 92
  • Views Views 12,707
we are currently upgrading our system. You will not be able to view your account related details till 11th july, 06:00 hrs. Inconvenience is regretted.
update :we are currently upgrading our system. You will not be able to view your fixedline and broadband account related details from 9th july to 19th july. Inconvenience is regretted.

Got my connection installed today...Had applied on 1st July, so it was longer than expected, but that confirms that airtel has not "shutdown" for new connections in this period.The person installing did mention something about a strike in Airtel as the cause of the delay

you applied on july 1 so the updates in the system could have been made before july 5-6. i was told that they cannot do change in the system. about my address change request, i was told that if the request was inserted before the system freezing, they could still process the migration. he checked and confirmed that the request was not filed in time so nothing can be done. he admitted that i had filed the request before the system was frozen. they offered to do the wiring in the meantime. i refused. would get it done when they actually migrate the connection.

heh. fun stuff.

some airtel guys had arrived at my place yesterday for transfer of my iptv plan from old address to the new one.

i was out watching delhi belly so they went back.

just got a call now. sir wiring karnee thee.

i said, whats the user of getting the wiring done today when you cannot transfer the connection before 20th.

the dude had no idea about the backend related problems. i told him to contact his office and get the details.

he called up again and admitted that connection would be transferred only after 20th.

told him that i would only get the wiring done when they can transfer my connection.

Duh.

Not the best decision :)

I got a call for only wiring today, got that done

Then called up the technical guy (got his number from the salesperson who had taken my cheque) and asked him to activate atleast IPTV..

He said he MAY be able to do it

Comes home a few hours later and activates all 3, mentions strike as a resaon for delay

heh. so there is a strike going on at airtel and none of the striking workers have leaked the news to the press? i do not believe so. the best weapon in the hands of the striking employees is press. bad pr can do wonders.

The word "strike" was actually mentioned to me 2-3 timesOnce from the call center, 1-2 times from the salesperson and then the person installing itPerhaps it was a small scale thing or something(I dont really know how strikes work)-- then again, now that I think of it, the installer said that the servers were down because of the strike, not because of the restructuring.. so yeah, it doesnt make sense

have been told that the freeze is not related to restructuring. though i have my doubts. if they are integrating DTH, Mobile and Landline businesses, they would probably be looking at unified billing to save themselves a lot of paperwork and logistical expenses. have also been told that the upgrades are related to improve the IVR systems on phone based customer support. we would only find out after 20th i guess.

:fear2:Probably they are moving the support center to a small town in Kerala.Once when I called them it was answered in Mangalore. LOL

Back