Airtel Broadband: 1mbps ul for 1699 2mbps ul for 2999

• Thread starter Thread starter chetanhooli
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 74,981
Airtel's CC is pretty much useless for stuff like this. Don't waste time trying to reason with them; call the Nodal Office directly. Be polite, but persistent. The process will be less painful if u have the name and number of a person currently using that plan. Otherwise just say the usual "i've been a loyal customer for x years...paid bills on time...why the differential treatment ..blah blah" and you should be set.

Got a call from Airtel today...They tried to hard sell the 2 mbps 2999 plan...but I was trying to get the 1 mbps for 1699....All it took were 5 mins with no raising the voice and no mail to the cc...All I did was call the Airtel CC claiming I got a call for Freedom 1699 plan...Obviously they will deny it , but ask them to arrange for a call back...They said it will take 3 days for the plan change...

I called today and got a slightly better person - he said that there seems to be such a plan but it's discontinued. He however was not ready to give me the plan on the basis of my giving my friend's detail. All in all he could only help me to the extent of forwarding a request to the marketing department mentioning that I am a long time customer. If they agree then I will get a call within 24 hours, otherwise nothing. :pleasehelp:Is there any direct way of contacting the marketing department?

^^Don't worry you will 100% will get a call from them! coz they called me back also and have migrated my plan to Freedom 1699 :) And it comes with FUP limit of 100GB which he clearly said :( Anyways 100GB/month is more than sufficient for me. and even after 100GB, its only that the speed will be reduced to 512kbps..

Is the 1299 plan also having fair use policy?? If so then what's the point of upgrading from my 384 plan??! I guess no point... :thumb:

Though I have mentioned the various stages of my request earlier on in this thread, let me put together everything as to how I got myself the Turbo 1299 plan.

After reading posts in this forum from some members about being offered the 1699 and 2999 plan, there was one particular post where someone [I think from Pune] was offered the 1299 plan after he personally went to their office. That got me excited, and so I called up customer care that very night. I was told by the customer care guy that though he was aware of the plan, it could be availed only by mailing the helpdesk. I did as he stated, but next day I got an unhelpful response which contained only the plans already listed on the website. Irritated, I shot back another mail stating my confidence in the existence of those plans and also asked them to provision it for me. This time round, I got a response that the plans were available only to 'select' customers. Obviously, I wasn't really glad to hear that considering like all others, I too pay my bills on time, and have a decent plan to boot. Anyway, I called up customer care again who tried to sell me the same story of mailing, but this time I was a bit adamant that I wanted firm action. The guy was helpful, and opened a ticket for me with the marketing team. I got back a call from the marketing department the next day and was told the plan was available. Again, the lady said she couldn't provision me, but I could send a mail to request the plan change, and if eligible, would be upgraded. Here I applied a small trick. I sent them a mail [to the same ID as the ones I had communicated with earlier], stating that I got a call from the marketing department with details of some Turbo 1299, and they asked me to send a mail so that I could be upgraded. This mail apparently did the trick, as I got a confirmation e-mail within 20 mins, with a request number and a 3 day time frame. Later that day, I got a confirmation call for the same, and was committed the same 3 days. Plan change has now taken place.

Fair Usage Plan: The marketing team lady stated there is no FUP applicable, and so did the guy who made the confirmation call. Also, as stated by one of the members here [thanks again!], when I placed my request for the plan, I highlighted the fact that there was no FUP applicable.

For one of my colleagues who took this plan though, he had to sign a transfer document where it was mentioned that FUP is applicable for the day time transfers only which means, from 6 AM to 10 PM, and after the 100 GB limit is reached the speed would be 384 kbps during that time. Mine being a paper free procedure, I had to take extra precaution with my mails.

OK, guess what? :DToday morning I got a call from Airtel. The guy said that we are offering this Turbo 1299 plan only to select customers and you are one amongst them! (Currently I'm on 999 Plus - 384 Kbps Unlimited) So he explained me all the details of the plan and asked me whether I would like to upgrade to this plan. I instantly agreed and he confirmed that within 72 hours, the plan will be activated.I hadn't sent any email to Airtel. Oh btw, I'm from Pune so I guess this plan is available all over India.But I totally forgot to ask him about the Fair Usage Policy. Can anyone please tell me what the Fair Usage Policy limit for Turbo 1299 is? 100GB? No Fair Usage Policy limit? :S

Back