Airtel Broadband: 1mbps ul for 1699 2mbps ul for 2999

• Thread starter Thread starter chetanhooli
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 74,981
I also got the same call yesterday and its without any Fair Usage Policy, I confirmed it specifically from that guy who called.btw I am in Gurgaon and using Airtel 1499 512kbps UL plan.

I think on the basis of the 3 comments here, it seems that the new plan is being launched all around India, and where FUP already is implemented, it's with FUP otherwise not (Chennai has FUP so technerd suffers the FUP, whereas firearm and speedracers don't).

do you guys really trust the customer care who calls you wrt airtel fair usage policy?

----------

i don't even use the phone that came with my broadband connection. i should connect it now... the only calls i get on the phone are airtel advertisements. :@

they are unlikely to call me however coz i am a combo plan with iptv. :P

I don't trust the oral assurances of anyone. Even if Sunil Mittal called me up personally and assured me of no FUP, I would not rely on it (unless I record it). That's why for people opting for this plan, I recommend seeing the paperwork, and if there is any mention of FUP, you should cut it or not opt for the plan. You can also mention wherever you sign for the plan that you agree subject to the condition that FUP is not applied to the plan.(though I do believe every time they have upgraded my plan there has been no paperwork for the same oh well, I guess I will have to insist this time).

yeap... when you call in to change the plan there is no paperwork involved. i am not sure if they store a voice recording as a proof for possible legal requirements.

A guy at TechEnclave forum got a call from AirTel about a plan upgrade for 2mbps @ 2499 with free wifi modem & 300mins of free calls!!! :huh:

^ I seriously doubt it. AFAIK they don't have such resources. And if they were concerned about it, they would simply send someone over for you to sign a simple form.The thing is that once you pay a bill at the new rate it's assumed that you have accepted the new plan by compliance of the new rate because if there was an error or mistake you would call customer care and tell them you never approved the plan change.Maybe I will do it through e-mail, so that there is some written record.

thankfully i have never suffered a problem with any miscommunications related to change of plan with airtel.

If they offer this plan I will be the first to take this plan . Hope it comes in delhi soon :cool2:

I always ask for the interaction number, in case they try to spring the FUP crap on me.

Back