Airtel Broadband: 1mbps ul for 1699 2mbps ul for 2999

• Thread starter Thread starter chetanhooli
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 74,981
they are unlikely to call me however coz i am a combo plan with iptv.

How is the IP TV product? I was curious since it is still not available in my area, though was planning to take if Airtel has any plans of launching it here.

airtel iptv is fine. the only problem is lack of new channels and the time taken while switching channels. there is also no usable EPG.

Actually 100GB download quota on 1 mbps line is not bad.Theoretically, a 1 mbps unlimited line can be used to download no more than 300 GB in a month, if the connection is running at full speed 24 hours a day for all 30 days of a week. Since Airtel is counting both download and uploads in 100 GB quota. That is approx 80 GB download and 20 GB upload on torrents. So you will get to use torrents for 6-7 hours a day on an average before the 100 GB quota is exhausted. That is not bad at all.They should look into introducing even cheaper plans like 30 GB download quota at 1 mbps followed by downgrade to 256 kbps unlimited at around Rs. 600 or 700 per month.

yeap thats what is needed the most. cheaper 1/2 mbps plans with decent limits with logical downgrades :D maybe i am asking for too much.

^ Why settle for 1/2 Mbps? Thoda aur wish karo :D

Called the CC. No such plan for NCR or Delhi yet. So only some lucky few will get the calls. :(

Hey guys im airtel broadband customer from mumbai airtel. Airtel being one of the best internet connection i have been using and i always used to vouch for the Customer service airtel gives.

Here i go with my story with airtel about upgrading my plan (2 MBPS Unlimited). I got such call around 3 weeks back, i told the marketing dept. person to upgrade to the new plan but it still hasn’t been changed. Today again I have mailed back to them let’s hope it works out this time. I’m attaching the conversations between me and the CC below.

BTW the plan is

Rs. 2499 + service taxes
2 MBPS Unlimited
Unlimited GOD

airtel has a bad habit of contacting selective customers with special packages. you cannot get them yourself unless you get a call like that :D

Thats there...but i got to know about the 1299 plan for unlimited 1mbps plan(thru my friends.)..I then went to the Airtel office and pissed them off and got myself the plan...LOL...and i even friggin threatened them that next time i dont get a call from them or a notification..then ill disconnect my connection..Hehehe...:dance:...lol..it was friggin fun !!...will be gettin one after three days...and i also asked them about FUP..he told me that this 1299 plan was for priviledged customers..so FUP will not be implememnted on the plan...LUCKY GUY...:thumb:

Cheers!!
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Back