Airtel Broadband: 1mbps ul for 1699 2mbps ul for 2999

• Thread starter Thread starter chetanhooli
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 74,981
Yes. I have upgraded now successfully to the 2MBPS plan! When I called up the CC, they said that there was no FUP. In the mail I got, there was no FUP. So I dunno. Will only find out once I cross 100GB.

what you did was add to the mess. i cleaned all HIS mess. and his post is now included in your post.

you could have just used the report button. that would have worked great.

Silly me .. Should have thought abt that .. will try and clear the clutter I've created

Well upstairs in the main connection where the beetel modem is connected and all. Downstairs I have a Netgear connection with which I can connect the pc and laptops together.So, how do I check if my beetel modem is in bridged mode?I do enter the standard username and password in netgear. I can access both routers settings page...

i applied for a plan migration from a 2222 (1mbps unlimted) to a 2499 (2mbps unlimited) on the 17th ... nothing yet. .

got a reply on the 20th saying the request was being processed .. got a call on 24th (after i called to ask about the status) saying that it will take a further 5 working days ..

and all of a sudden , today morning , my speeds have reduced .. around 100kbps ?
this sucks :(

anyone else having similar problems ?

----------

ok .. i called customer care and its fixed ..
airtel's speedtest shows a 2.4mbps connection
speedtest.net shows

good enough
i'm uploading something so the ul speed wont be accurate

i'm happy .. as long as they dont Fair Usage Policy me

Where do you live mate? They might just FUP all of us!Can anyone help me out though?

i am from Hyderabad i got this new plan as well of Freedom 1699 which is cool but i have question for u all guys... u see the upload speed it says is 600kbps or 700kbps and when i do test it shows 600kbps too but only when u use mumbai server rest u test it does not even go more then 200kbps one more thing to be note i uploaded pic or clips to so may site upload speed goes not more then 18 to 21KBps max which is not even 200kbps for upload but yea download speed is dam good i get from 115 to 130KBps almost same as 1mbps as airtel says but whats up with the upload speed guys can u help me on this coz this sucks upload speed to any i mean site does not go more then 18 to 21Kbps.....and share ur guys experance on upload speed as well and do let me whats speed you guys getting on Freedom 2999 Plan as well about Freedom 1699 i got free 100 calls anti virus which i cancel it coz it sucks my avg is good and i got game package of 99 only where i should get 199 one package that too i have to complain so guys do let me know about ur upload speeds as well

well you should indeed get upload speeds of 512kbps on your plan. get it checked by airtel guys. your modem might be locked at lower speeds. check the modem backend to see the limits set at airtel servers for your connection.

no issues for uploads for me.. but experiencing a lot of slow speed times from airtel.. customer care says that its a back end issue and will be solved in 3 hours and so.. speed gets ok then but again next day same .. i guess they are onto something

Back