Airtel Broadband: 1mbps ul for 1699 2mbps ul for 2999

• Thread starter Thread starter chetanhooli
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 74,981
what is guaranteed upload speed im supposed to receive on freedom 1699 by airtel?If i upgrade to freedom 2999 what upload speed am i going to get ?

guys in torrents me too getting good speed coz its p2p network i want to know in real upload site like youtube or flicker or ay other site

i am trying to uploade to many site speed does not go up then 20KBs
and in bandwith test live india server and test any other server tell me the speed u guys getting

coz i have fibd out if u ping to other server speed is drop 60% so plz let me know what speed u guys getting in real world for tip try to up load clip to Vimeo, Video Sharing For You if u have account it show when u upload clips wht speed its uploading....

I don't know if other people are having the same experience, but while you get 100 - 120 KB/s in downloads (http / torrent), surfing is just really shitty... perhaps the sucky latency in our country is emphasized more in such fast connections.

Just got my 8 Mbps connection activated Velocity 2999 have to say its not that worth it, coz in torrents I was getting just around 3.5 - 4 Mbps, in normal browsing it doesn't make any difference, many of the sites are capping the connection to around 2 Mbps, the uploads are the same as with 2 Mbps connection around 750 kbps.If you are downloading any software and use download accelerators you get around 7- 8 Mbps speeds but for other day-to-day tasks hardly makes any difference.

Latency is really high with Airtel. For my website hosted in the USA, I get ping times of around 285ms on both Reliance and MTNL, ping times are 375ms on Airtel. Similar difference exists in case of popular sites like cnbc.com etc.

airtel routing is good towards singapore side while reliance and mtnl routing is good on the other ...

I don't know if other people are having the same experience, but while you get 100 - 120 KB/s in downloads (http / torrent), surfing is just really shitty... perhaps the sucky latency in our country is emphasized more in such fast connections.

I TOTALLY agree with you...the exact same thing is happening to me.

this is why my uplaod speed coz for me when i ping to usa speed drop like 184kbps which means my transfer rate not go more then 18 to 22KBps no one was ready to give me answer why so much different in bandwith test coz when u ping to mumbai server it give me upload speed of 800kbps lol but when i try to upload anything like youtube or any photos site my upload speed never pass more then 200kbps... lol so its it all about routing?? when i ping to new york it give me 270ms and upload speed goes like 200kbps where as to hr mumbai server it 65ms and upload speed goes like 800kbps but what i am gonna do by seeing 800kbps by pinging mumbai server lol i need to upload clips pic and none site give me more then 200kbps upload i mean none side for one time i think my old suck sify was good lol it use to give me upload speed of 512kbps and i use to go to any site my upload transfer rate was 64KBps to 55Kbps but use to get dc a lot lol and this airtel always good but upload speed sucks..well i am into plan called freedom 1699 1mbps plan... cost me like rs1875 with tax in Hyderabad its been 1month now i am using and my download speed is good from 105 to 114Kbps but never goes like 128 or 130 like other says almost 1mbps.... but the sad part is upload speed just 18 to 25KBps maxi have complain to airtel about this since 4 days they calling me every day and saying we see into the matter before mumabai server use to ping at 100ms and now its 53ms but that make no sence coz usa server still ping at 270ms for me if anyone like to share they thoughts let me know on this matteroh yea airtel play nice game with me in this package i should be getting game package of rs199 per month free and they gave me only rs99 i complain that too...just bottom line i love my airtel coz it never get disconnected if it does it come with in 2hr or 5 years and that happen very very rear downlaod speed is good too the only bottom like is they should make upload speed good and make that ms fast... they airtel rocks....

Hi hemant I don't know why your upload speeds are so low, I get around 300-400 kbps uploads to US and a max of around 700 kbps within India and I am on 8 Mbps plan now. The routing of airtel is a bit different its pings are better to singapore servers, whereas I also have reliance broadband and I found their pings are a bit better to US about 50-60ms less than airtel on almost every server that is in US, I just hope in the future airtel improves its latency coz most of the popular sites are hosted around US. Moreover with ADSL technology the uploads are not going to be that great, even with reliance I used to get just around 350-450 kbps uploads. BTW I do some time play on the PS3 / Xbox 360 and found that I get a lot less lag with reliance broadband and I guess that is due to their lower ping rates!

forgot to say whats my test result r for today...

mumbai server 64ms downlaod speed 1033kbps(129Kbps) uplaod speed 764kbps(95Kbps)
new york 275ms downlaod speed 450kbps (56Kbps) upload speed 184kbps(23Kbps)
rest any where else u ping same or wort like i tested on new york server :wall:

----------

Hi ranjitbhar thats for ur reply well even it shows me some time 300 to 400Kbps to new york but when u upload some thing into real world speed of transfer rate does not go more then 18 to 23Kbps did u try to upload clips or pic u can see the upload transfer rate number r good in bandwidth test but in real work :wall: that's what making me so grrrrr

Back