Airtel Broadband: 1mbps ul for 1699 2mbps ul for 2999

• Thread starter Thread starter chetanhooli
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 74,981
thx guys for ur reply but i think there is no think which block upload speed as far i know here what going on with me when i go to see bandwidth test on this site Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

and ping to mumbai server it shows downlaod speed 1mbps and upload speed 600kbps which shows wow... but as u ping to any other server for example new york or take any other it show me downlaod speed drop to 512kbps download and upload goes not more then 200kbps

but in real world dowload speed is good i get speed of 1mbps coz when i downlaod anything speed is from 110KBs to 130 but when it come to real life uploading anything to any side the speed is not more then 18 to 23KBs which come not more then 160kbps to 200 thats what i am getting so grrrr why this happening and does this happening with other also but i notice if u use p2p serverse the upload speed goes up to 50 or 70kbps But hello?? what about all site where we use to upload pic clips none site give me speed of that only p2p and nothing else i get same speed but with my sify broadband i get speed of upload in all site very hight thats why i am confused to even explain to airtel people i hope i get some help from u guys

i know some server r slow but come on you-tube when u upload clip there it upload at speed of 14kbps :@ where as with sify it goes like 50KBs so i am sure some thing is wrong with airtel i have no complain about download speed coz its dam good of airtel but upload speed i am too upset so plz help me out on this

hemant_lol, almost 2 years ago when I had airtel in my old house I had a problem with uploads with airtel broadband, but used to work fine with BSNL broadband just try disabling your firewall and try the upload it worked for me, had to change to a different firewall.BTW I am also from Hyd you are from which locality, I just sent a request to upgrade to 8 Mbps let see how it work will need to wait 2 more days.

ranjitbhar thx for the reply i try that coz i had no firewall with me its vista firewall build in but i try to disable and see if it works and let u knowi am from nizampet kukatpally hyd and good to know u getting 8mbps i too wanted to go 8mbps but due to all this problems i am still stuck into 1mbps because my most work is uploading where i see no change my upload speed goes not go above 21Kbs when u upload thing but looks good when u try to do bandwith test with that mumbai server lol shows 600kbps which come to around 70+ lol dont know whats the problem but i get deep into it...i let u know all after i change firewall and do let me know as well how is 8mbps speed in real world not by bandwidth test both upload and download speed be in touch :) hemant

Where do you live mate? They might just Fair Usage Policy all of us!

Can anyone help me out though?

Can anyone help me Port Forward?

since you enter the a/c details in Netgear , then it means beetel is in bridged mode.. in that case , the 10.x.x.x ip you see in your ipconfig output is what you need to enter in your netgear router.. you need not enter anything in your beetel modem

Yeah let me see if that works out... I just enter the admin and password to access the Netgear settings page?What do I put in the NETGEAR port forwarding settings? Service Name: WhateverService Type; TCP/UDP right?Starting port: The portEnding port: The portServer IP Address: My IPv4 address or what?

yes i think that is the username and passwordyes tcp/udpserver ip addresss is your ipv4 address the 10.x.x.x one

does anyone getting 512kbps uplaod speed in real life in freedom 1699 plan i dont want that bandwith test coz fo me too when i ping to mumbai server it shows cool upload speed but other server shows not more then 150kbps and in real world test i try to upload clips and pic in many site it does not goes more then 18 to 22KBps... can anyone share what speed they giving and dont talk about p2p networks site leaving that anyone getting good upload speed?

well, no matter how much, they reduce the cost of plans, they can't match :irock:, what I'm getting :evil: from MTNL :yahoo:

Back